Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

No Sound from Infinity Audio on 2004 Endeavor?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Default No Sound from Infinity Audio on 2004 Endeavor?

Hi ...

I drive a 2004 Endeavor with the Infinity 6-CD changer ... and the amp seems to have quit working this past weekend ... it was working fine during a rainy drive home on Saturday night, but gave no sound on Sunday morning.

The in-dash console control (switching radio stations or CDs) works fine, but no sound is coming out of any of the speakers. I checked both radio-related fuses in the 2 fuse boxes, and both check out fine.

Over the past couple of years I have had some flakey audio things happen when driving in wet/humid conditions ... such as some speakers dropping out and coming back in later. But I haven't had the whole sound system drop out.

I'm wondering if there might be any in-line fuses between the dash console and the amp, or between the amp and speakers.

I'm also having a hard time locating where the amp is in the car anyway ... it's not easily noticible under either front seat -- and it doesn't seem to be tucked under either of the rear bottom side panels.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this one?

Thanks for your help,
-Matt

Old 08-12-2010, 03:38 PM

On the Crutchfield support site, I found an audio wiring diagram that gives the amp location as being "to the right of the glovebox" ... and, sure enough, it's in the sidewall next to the glovebox.

So, I'll see if I can remove the glovebox and the plastic panels and see if anything seems odd with it. I do have a dealer visit scheduled next week (also going to have them do the service on the fuel-filling-pipe recall), but I'd like to get the radio working on my own before then if possible.

I'd still be open to any words of advice.

Thanks,
-Matt