Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

Temp- and fuel gauge

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 08:22 AM
Default Temp- and fuel gauge

For a while both temperature and fuel gauge are acting up, dead on most cold starts, then showing erratically after restarting. Now the temp gauge stopped working all together, just stays at cold (off) position.
I have a little ScanGauge OBD reader hooked up to see the water temperature, which works, so the sending unit must be alright then?
Is it hard to take the gauge cluster out of the dash to check connections?
thanks for any input!

Old 12-27-2015, 09:44 AM

If you are getting proper data on the CAN bus the temp sensor and fuel sending unit are probably working still.

It's pretty unlikely it's a loose connection, those connectors are pretty darn tight and they don't tend to wiggle loose more likely it's a failed instrument cluster. You can try and repair/replace it.

It's not generally super easy to remove a gauge cluster (it's not super hard either) but it generally involves removing a lot of screws and plastic and taking a good chunk of the dash apart.

Old 12-28-2015, 09:29 AM

Thanks mate, I got it out - its only the two screws you see from the front, and then it takes some pulling (and gently prying to gain some space to grab it) - the connector is one of those Mitsubishi faux pas's which is (supposed to be) fixed to the dash frame so the same time you pull the cluster out it disconnects and vice-versa, only when you try'n put it back in the connector pops out the back so you gotta crawl under and somehow hold it........

anyway, new question: got the part number off it - MN121332.
Now I got a really good offer for a replacement, only thing its MN121331 - does anybody know the difference and if it will work for me?

Old 01-19-2016, 09:13 AM

btw - eversince I had it out and played with the gauge hands the temp gauge works again, must have been stuck.
I did notice the hand for the RPMs was kinda hard to move (harder than the others) and a few days after I put it back together now the rpms don't show anymore....