Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

TPMS question - 2004 Endeavor AWD Limited

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Default TPMS question - 2004 Endeavor AWD Limited

TPMS light is flashing on my 2004 AWD Limited Endeavor, which I am told means one or more of the TPMS sensors is malfunctioning. Possibly battery has expired in one or more of the sensors, but my question is this:

Can I figure out which sensor / sensors are causing the problem by deflating one tire at a time to see if the flashing light goes to a constant on? If the light is on, meaning that tire is under inflated, it would seem to me that the sensor is working properly, but I am hoping some one with more knowledge / experience can confirm or deny.

Dealer wants $90+ to diagnose, plus cost of sensor and labor, which could add up quickly. I can buy the sensors online for around $65, have them installed at a tire store (Goodyear/NTB? etc..).

The last thing in question is how to reset or re-program the new sensor...I have been told that is a dealer only fix, but again, am hoping someone with more knowledge or experience cna confirm or deny.

just had new tires (Kumho Solus KR21) installed, which are great tires for the Endeavor....very quiet, great all weather traction, and at a great price, but the TPMS flashing issue needs resolution

thanks in advance for any help or advice!

DD

Old 02-02-2011, 10:49 PM

if the light started flashing after your tires were replaced, your tire store damaged one or more of your sensors. pretty common occurance. sorry to dissappoint you but the T.P.M.S system has to be put into set mode with the mitsubishi scan tool to calibrate the new sensors. dealer fix only!!