Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Buying an EVO next year...what are somethings I need to know????

Old 06-02-2006, 11:19 AM
Default Buying an EVO next year...what are somethings I need to know????

Thats the plan, I'm going to pick one up next March. I'm a 26 year old male in Chicago, im married and I have one child. Ive been saving for the down payment for this since last year and I want to drop a good amount down...What are some of you guys car notes like. Othere then that what some things to watch out for with this car. Problems and stuff like that. I'm buying used so....

Old 06-02-2006, 02:27 PM
Default RE: Buying an EVO next year...what are somethings I need to know????

if used look at the Wing and calipers for the fade and paint chipping and have it fixed before purchase , All EVOs do that.

See if any gears are hard to get in, 2003s earliest models had bad synchro trouble. other than that if it is modded just assume it has been beat on hard. and launching to often will blow the T case up. Other than that the stock paint is not that great it fades chips and scratches very very easy. the cars are strong and handle abuse well but 7K clutch drops will hurt the drivetrain

Old 06-02-2006, 10:09 PM

Are you going to buy a new Mitsubishi Evo or a used one?

Old 06-02-2006, 11:21 PM

ORIGINAL: FutureEVOwner

Thats the plan, I'm going to pick one up next March. I'm a 26 year old male in Chicago, im married and I have one child. Ive been saving for the down payment for this since last year and I want to drop a good amount down...What are some of you guys car notes like. Othere then that what some things to watch out for with this car. Problems and stuff like that. I'm buying used so....
It says used

Old 06-03-2006, 01:00 AM

Sweet. I would buy used, theyre not too expensive new compared to other stuff but I dont feel as bad modding an engine and putting it to its stock bottom end limits when its not a new engine.