Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Evo X Clutch Time

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Unhappy Evo X Clutch Time

Earlier tonight I was driving to the store and got on it a little in first and second and it slipped just a little in first and second at higher rpms. I quickly let off of the gas both times and eaised into third, fourth, and fifth. Immediately when it slipped the ASC Service light came on. I pulled over to test a theory. Again it slipped a little in high rpms in first and second, but really didn't slip in third, and didn't even attempt to try in fourth or fifth in higher rpms at full stock boost. I stayed at the store after turning the car off for about twenty minutes and as I figured, the ASC Service light wasn't on when I cranked it back up. I figured when the clutch slipped, it just tripped a sensor. Please correct me if I am wrong. Any help is encouraged and appreciated. As long as it's not stupidity.

I've had my car for almost two and a half years. I have well over 20 launches, an *** load of pulls, some off road fun, and some fun in open parking lots lol. I drive my car daily for now and have since I bought it. I have right at 45K miles so I would say all things considered, I've got my worth out of it. I also drove it steady in heavy traffic for around a year and a half straight. Gotta love Atlanta during rush hours. I don't constantly beat on my car, I just enjoy it. That's the point after all. And I am pretty sure that's the reason it's lasted so long lol.. Anyways I'm curious on some opinions about what clutch I should get. Currently I only have a few bolt-ons. A AMS Wide-mouth downpipe, AMS test pipe, HKS catback, and a COBB air filter (which desperately needs changing lol). I plan on doing a full build and obtaining 700awp and 600awtq or as close to those numbers as possible within the next 6-9 months. I would think it would be better to go ahead and get a clutch that can handle that kind of power instead of wasting money on getting a stock clutch or a stage-1. I don't care about the pain in the *** of driving with a tough clutch as I should be getting a car for a straight DD in the next few months. So driving in traffic with a tough clutch I won't mind honestly for a few months. So all opinions, points, tips, and views are welcome. As long as you're not stirring **** and flaming lol.

I was looking at the Exedy Stage 5, Exedy Hyper Twin disk, and the Carbonetic Triple Carbon regular clutch. I like the Carbonetics Regular version, it seems to be tougher than the street version. But then again, I like the AMS/Exedy Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Push Style Triple Metallic HD Clutch Kit. Basically what can hold that kind of power and will give you a descent amount of life is what I'm asking. Any help is appreciated.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:41 PM

wet multiplate with an air shifter.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Akzle
wet multiplate with an air shifter.
Maybe I should sway it for a Getrag tranny too huh

Old 08-12-2013, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by §treet_§peed
Maybe I should sway it for a Getrag tranny too huh
whatever tickles your ring gear...