Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Evo's are so badass =D

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 03:56 AM
Default Evo's are so badass =D

so i went to a used car dealership for the hell of it, and than i saw a Yellow 03' Evo. loved it, the guy came over and asked if i wanted to buy it, the guy was cool, a racer himself having a FC Rx7, a FD Rx7, and an Rx8. damn he drove first and it felt like a rocket, i almost **** my pants, because he redlined every gear and took turns like nothing. i love this car, and want to buy one right now, but need to finance it. when i drove it i took it slow. can i ask whats the potential of the evo on stock block in the hp scale? thanks guys.

Old 10-04-2006, 10:20 AM
Default RE: Evo's are so badass =D

Good tune can run around 500HP to the ground before needing a rebuild

Old 10-04-2006, 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

Good tune can run around 500HP to the ground before needing a rebuild
are they really reliable? or what breaks down the most?

Old 10-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Banned

Well put it this way... in the UK (not sure if the same for the US) they need to be services every 3k miles and they should ONLY run on Shell Optimax fuel. So technically its not cheap to maintain when you have to pay a dealer to check the car every 3k. Its upto you really.

With 500hp it may have an effect on the reliability of the car. Not to mention if its been driven the **** out of ... good one Mr. Test Driver

Old 10-04-2006, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

You dont need to have it serviced every 3k, unless you mean oil change. Obviously you can only put 93 octane in it or better. But for things that go wrong, the one thing that comes up all the time is the transfer case breaking, and its becuase people with launch the car at like 5-6k and not feather the clutch and do this multiple times, then they will break.

Old 10-04-2006, 07:20 PM

Since you are from CA you will only be able to find 91 octane at the regular pumps. You will also pay a **** load of money on insurance- CA is so frickin expensive as compared to everywhere else for insurance. It also seems that people complain about the clutch a lot, so check the miles and see if it's the original clutch...if it is you may want to factor in the price of a new clutch just to be safe.

Old 10-04-2006, 07:32 PM
Banned

Either that or just ride the **** out of the clutch within the dealer warrenty LOL.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:02 PM

EVO clutches are not strong to higher power over stock. I am on stock clutch no trouble and I am around 300-330 WHP depending on gas I use.

91 octane is fine it MUST be 91 or higher.

Brake pads sqeek in most and wear fast and dust like crazy

tires Stock advans where very fast and are expensive (so I went with el cheapos on mine)

the T case breaks if you cant drive it right out of the hole (dont drop the clutch)

the wings paint fades on the carbon fiber and spots white

the calipers fade and turn pink and white

other than that normal maintenece stuff (yess it ia $$$$ to maintain but well worth it)

the cars are very reliable the worst thing that brakes expensive parts is racing from a stop and dropin the clutch hard from hi revs

Old 10-05-2006, 02:05 AM

I just had my Evo IX dynoed at 315whp and smoked a 2005 GT Mustang the other day....Evo's are definitely awesome in the hands of experienced drivers.

Old 10-05-2006, 03:39 AM

315 not half baad ...not at all. what PSI and what octane fuel?

Quick Reply: Evo's are so badass =D