Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Some general questions about the everyday life of an Evo VIII

Old 07-31-2005, 12:39 AM
Default Some general questions about the everyday life of an Evo VIII

Okay, along with a long fascination of these cars, they seem very logical at this point in my life.

I guess I have a few questions that could help me out alot, at this point Im just kinda trying to get a feel for how the car operates on a day to day basis.

What kind of gas mileage does this car usually get driving it 'respectively'?

How much does insurance run a year (Consider I'm 20 year old male)?

Are any parts notorious for breaking or wearing extremely fast?

Is it generally expensive to keep the car in good condition? (For instance, replacing brake pads or the such)

I cant think of anymore at the moment, I just basically need to know general things about the car before I go and get bull****ted by a saleman. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Old 07-31-2005, 10:11 AM
Default RE: Some general questions about the everyday life of an Evo VIII

Oh boy where do I start? well I am a 21 year old male. Insurence was only $30 more\month compaired to my spyder(I have a safe record as well)

Ok about the car, parts that wear out quickly are fuel pump brakes tires and clutch. all there are on average replaced after about 20K and thats assuming you drive it normal. If you launch the car all the time you will blow out the Trasfer Case it happens all the time since the car has great tracktion it will strain the drivetrain.

as far daily driveing I love it but others may not. For a few reasons. They didnot come with cruise controll. The car has such tight suspension that it is hard to keep staight it follows the road really bad. for example the white painted lined on the street that devides lanes if you hit them the car jerks. ok the car is very loud at idle and low rpms due to the AWD also vibrates a bit more than other cars.

now those are all the negitives to the car. I love the car and would never trade for anything it has amazing cornering and big time potencial to be fast. and for gas miles it says on my window sticker 21-23 but you will get better if you get it reflashed.

BTW I paid $22k for mine and it had 12k on the odo. so dont let them fool you with a high price. I know they sell em with 28k miles and ask for $26 that is a ripp

Old 07-31-2005, 10:12 AM

for better respones try Evolutionm.net there are thousands of more EVO owners there

Old 08-01-2005, 03:26 AM

Thanks for the input. If you dont mind me asking, how much is your insurance a month? You said 30 over a spyder, and I dont know what a spyder would run month to month. I currently have a clean driving record as well *knocks on wood*, so pricing should be mostly the same considering there is a small drop after you turn 21.

Thanks for suggesting that site. I will be registering for it tonight. See you around

Old 08-01-2005, 09:21 AM

Well insurence for me is expensive because I live in Fl. and there are alot of other drivers that are uninsured so it costs me more.

But I pay $330 monthly if I dont put in a down payment. It costs nearlt double here compaired to other places. and its everl 6 months that you need to renew. so for 6months its $2600. In Ma it would be $2600 per year give or take

Old 08-01-2005, 03:25 PM

whoa! thats crazy ****. I'm from houston and as of right now, Im paying something like 120 a month. Well, thanks for the prices anyway. LOL, ill try to find out from someone who lives nearby.

Old 08-01-2005, 07:53 PM

In Ma. my insurence for my GS was $ 1200 per year. here my spyder was $1400 per 6 months and my EVO is $1600 per 6 months. But paying in full its like 1400 or something like that