Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

Electronic Fuel Injection Module Failed?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 05:29 AM
Default Electronic Fuel Injection Module Failed?

Hi everybody!

I am in hope that some of you could help me out a little. Starting with the details:

Car: Mitsubishi Galant 2001
Engine: 4G94 GDI 2.0L
Modifications: NONE

Pre-incident the car run fine, I drove about 250 miles in 1 day and then parked it overnight. Next morning it started and wanted to stall immideiatley, with no response to adding throttle. I turned it off, and then back on and the problem went away. Next day It threw a code at me P0500, I pulled it and it was: Random Multiple Missfire, which went away after a 1.5 mile drive. Since then when the engine is cold it stalls, and when warmed up the idle is very rough, no more fault codes.

I think I narrowed it down to a problem with the fuel injectors. Cylinder 2 & 3 are not firing as they are not receiving any fuel. I checked the injectors and they are in good working order, the injector harness/wire is also good and tested. I changed the spark plugs and all cylinders are getting a good spark.

My problem is that the fuel injectors 2 & 3 are not receiving a signal from the control module. This is what i think, however I maybe wrong. Would like to hear your opinion on any other possibility. As I understand this can end up being very expensive.

I have had a hard time trying to find the electrical diagram for the car, so if anyone has one and can share that would be great! I traced the wire to the module and it seems like it sits under the Air Intake and directly under the Air Filter. I was also told that module "Pairs Cylinders 1&4 - 2&3" so it only has 2 connections to it. So if it is the module and if only 1/2 of it failed, is there a chance for a repair/rebuild? Or is buying a new one the only option.

Looking for your inputs, and anything else that I can check. Hoping that the problem is easily solved!

Thanks!