Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

PO431-Warm Up Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2)

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Arrow PO431-Warm Up Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2)

I know that this means that the catalytic converter is no longer functioning properly; An oxygen sensor is not reading (functioning) properly; or there is an exhaust leak; but what is the likelihood of each of these occurring? Has anyone been here before, and if so, what did you do to remedy the issue? I'm not looking forward to shucking out $400 for a cat converter if it's possibly something simpler. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by ratherbemuddin; 01-16-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by ratherbemuddin
I know that this means that the catalytic converter is no longer functioning properly; An oxygen sensor is not reading (functioning) properly; or there is an exhaust leak; but what is the likelihood of each of these occurring? Has anyone been here before, and if so, what did you do to remedy the issue? I'm not looking forward to shucking out $400 for a cat converter if it's possibly something simpler. Thanks for your help.
Have u tried cleaning your Converter?
There's a way to do that with a gallon of
Thinner pour it in your gas tank, drive your
car in the Freeway high speeds for about a
Hour.. The thinner will remove the carbon
inside the catalytic converter.
A lot of the times the converters plug up
that's when P0431 comes out.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Arrow

Are you talking about regular paint thinner, like acetone? Have you done this yourself? If it was my car, i'd say fuŠk it and try it, but its my wife's daily driver and baby hauler. I want to make sure this doesn't solve one problem at the cost of causing others. Thanks!