Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

Turn Signal and Hazard Lights not working!!!

Old 02-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Default Turn Signal and Hazard Lights not working!!!

My turn signals and hazard lights are not working. Relay does not click and lights dont blink. I checked the fuses and the hazard lightfuse (Fuse#14...10 amp) was blown. When I went to replace is the fuse it blew as i was putting it in. It blew three fuses in a row.

This all started after I installed a new stereo. I didnt have to cut wires since I bought the same brand and it uses the same wire harness. All I did was unplug the old one and plug in the new one. I didnt hear any sparks or clicks whenI made the change. I turned my car and drove off. When I used the turn signal they did not work. I tried the hazard lights and they didn't work either.

I removed the new stereo and tapped all the wires with electrical tape. I checked the hazard switch connection and wires and they are not broken and the connection is connected. There must be a short somewhere, but where. I need Help!!!

Old 02-18-2008, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Turn Signal and Hazard Lights not working!!!

As you know you have a short, did you try disconnecting the radio and see if it blows a fuse then?

Old 02-18-2008, 09:58 PM

ok, more info, what cables you tapped? when you installd your stereo... did you hook it up to the start switch or did you hook that up directly to a 24/7 hot wire? (always able to power it on, or only when you start the car?) did you put any cables together? where did you ground the stereo?

Old 02-19-2008, 08:32 AM

I did try disconnecting the radio and it still blows the fuse. I didnt cut any cables or do anything more other than pull the stereo out, disconnect the stereo harness and plug the harness into the new stereo and put the stereo back in. The stereo only turns on when I turn on the car. As I mentioned, all my problems happened after I set the stereo back in. I don't have anything else to say cuz that was all I did. It took me all of 5 minutes. The stereo works perfect though.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:45 PM

turn signal switch? loose grounds wouldnt cause blowing fuses you have a short to ground somewhere

Old 02-20-2008, 05:09 AM

Now, my battery light is on, my emergency brake light is on and my instrument panel does not turn on. WTF!!!!!

Old 02-20-2008, 07:50 AM

wow this thing is falling apart around you! did you check the battery? just because the pin connector fits your new stereo doesnt mean all the wires are feeding to the right places.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:50 AM

My headlight are not working now. Icalled the mitsubishi dealer and they told me to disconnect the stereo and see what happens. The hazard light still blows. I foundtwo more blown fuses that I didnt have two days ago. One is for the horn and one for the something that has the symbol of a half sun. I cut the stereo wires and taped the endssince the previous owner had installed a kenwood stereo that has been working fine since i bought it three years ago.I decided toupgrade to another kenwood, that is why i mentioned that I didnt have to do anything other thanunplug the oldone and plug in the new one.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:06 AM

this one may have wires in different places than the old one did the colors coincide with the new harness?

edit: this would only make sense if the radio is still plugged in. how about the antenna? is that still plugged in to the new radio? that could be a short to ground as well

Old 02-20-2008, 09:13 AM

Yeah color codes are the same. i unplugged everything and cut the wires and tapped them. I just checked the hazard light switch and the little bulb that it has is blown. but what would cause my headlights and instrument panel to go? My mitsubishi dealer charges $87 an hour, i really don't feel like paying that much, but i may not have a choice.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turn Signal and Hazard Lights not working!!!