Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

Lancer2010 Stalls after 15 minutes of start if parked under sun and weather is hot.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 02:01 PM
Unhappy Lancer2010 Stalls after 15 minutes of start if parked under sun and weather is hot.

Dear All,

I am facing a very strange issue with my Mistubishi Lancer Glx 2010 Model 1.6. I am in bahrain a country near UAE.

If I park my car outside in open area without any shade exposed to sun rays and the temperature is 84 °F or above

When open the door car is very hot from inside due 2 high temp. I start car it starts in normal way the rpm goes up to 1200 then back to 700 or 800 rpm.
I keep it in start state like for 15 minutes and then suddenly the egine starts stalling. I press race pedal 2 keep the engine running and meanwhile the black smoke also starts coming out from exhaust.

It keeps happening until my race pedal is also of no use and engine stops.
I turn off the keys.. wait for like 10 seconds and try to start...
Some times it gets started but thn stops same time and some times it does not even start at all.

I wait like for 10 minutes again start the car. Car starts in normal way and i keep it in this state for 5 more minutes then again above situation happens and engine stops.

The engine service light some times turns on and sometimes it does not turn on.

The very strange thing is that if the same time either the weather becomes cool due to clouds or cool winds starts blowing and weather is like 50 F or less (as there is no heat inside the car) it gets started and works fine without any issue.

Even in too hot weather if it totally stops working. I do not do anything just wait for the evening and it works fine even i drove then for 6 hours without any issue at all..

The problem only is coming when the weather is hot and its idle (after 15 to 20 minutes of starting ) and under sun rays directly and is hot from inside.

Last time i started AC of the car and never stopped AC as soon as i started the car and it worked fine.

I am suspecting something goes wrong when the car is HOT from INSIDE. if its happening because of engine warm then i drove in the evening for 6 hours but no problem happens.

I changed the plugs . I put the Injector cleaner liquid bt nothng
No mechanic is so much competent here to tell where the exact issue is.

one dealer of Mitsubishi asked me to do pay him $600 and he ll change following
Stepper motor.
Oxygen sensor.
Clean Throttle body.
Clean injectors.

Even after that are not sure whether the issue will be fixed or not.

Anyone can give me any idea where the possible problem can b.
Just give me some logical answer please please please.

As if above things are out of order like oxygen sensor or throttle or whatever why the heck car works fine in normal weather or in the evening then.
Please help.
Thanks in advance
Regrads,
Ahmed

Old 03-25-2014, 06:39 AM

What are the codes? Need to know that to even begin to start troubleshooting.