Mitsubishi Mirage This sport compact offers economy without compromising comfort.

new mitsu owner..

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 03:36 AM
Default new mitsu owner..

Hi All,

Well I thought i'd start posting some info about my recently aquired 2003 Mitsubishi Mirage. Unforatuntely, to begin with, our first DIY upgrades havent got any pictures. But during the next upgrades, i'll take some more pics or what we've already done.

Yes, i've got an obsession with the hatchback. The Mirage, i feel is one of my favourites in terms of exterior styling.

Last Sunday, I finally went and got myself some new wheels.

StarCorp Racing 17", with 205/50 Nankangs... nice little package. Pics here.

What the car looked like when it came. Pics Here

The objective of this vehicle is a small, sleek automobile. I dont want a race car.

So far:
+Stereo Upgrade (Details soon)
- 6.5" Precision Response Kevlar splits (Front)
- 6.5" 2 Way Precision Response Kevlar Coaxials (Rear)
- 12" Alpine SWS
- Pioneer DEH-P8400MP Details Here
- Pioneer 4 Channel Amp (100w bridged to the amp, 35 to each front)
+Tacho (AutoGauge)
+Wheels
-StarCorp Racing Concept 5 Picture

Next I'll be looking at lowering and a sway bar i believe.. and maybe a bunch of interior neons. Colour scheme - black/ice blue.

If you've ideas or suggestions - let me know.

Old 10-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Default RE: new mitsu owner..

welcome enjoy your stay! I love the mirage hatchback as well i just wish they were here in the states. Car looks good and nice pics!

Old 10-28-2006, 11:10 AM

damn nice car! and nice rims! your car reminds me of my last car:

Old 10-29-2006, 08:21 PM

Very nice marc you can never beat black. ever

Well last night guys I spent some good time installing 4 interior neons. Now usually I’d cringe at anyone who mentions the word, but I took the approach of having a real nice glow in the bottom of the car.

Installed two 6" under dash board above the foot wells, and an 8" under front seat. NOW, this would be terribly boring and cliché. So my best mate and I took the time to work out exactly how the courtesy light (those lights that turns on when your doors open works.

- took the power from the door button (that little black button on the inside of your door) ran it under the skirts to the console
- took the main +ve power from the head unit install

Like everything with my car, I hate messy wires and bad installations, so we made a brand new panel for the centre console, got some nice toggle switches and away we went with 'door only' and 'master on/off'. Soon we'll be having it remade in aluminium (matte, not chrome :P). Also it was imperative that you could NEVER see the globes, and only even their glow, this is what really creates a nice style.

No pics yet, because my digi cam died. But soon to come.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:31 AM

nice car man, what you got done under the hood?

Old 10-30-2006, 01:38 AM

Thanks mate.

Nothing yet, everything is stock as stock. Not trying to build a racer, just wanting to really get a nice cruisy car. Looking and retrimming the whole thing in black, and then only the blue lights to add trim.

I guess I'll look at an airflow upgrade, bolt on turbo etc etc one day. However main issue is the insurance, so i might wait still till im over 21 etc etc.

Old 11-12-2006, 03:36 PM

nice car, keep it clean is my sugestion. don't do anything too over the top, i know that's kinda the ausie way from other mirage's (i guess they're refered to as lancers over there though) i've seen. clean and mean is the way to go IMHO. keep up the good work

Old 11-13-2006, 01:27 AM

Agreed. Sticking to clean and mean.

Last night i took apart my gauge cluster to add some stain glass paint to the back of the dials because they were this really light blue colour and it looked too obtuse. Hopefully this will work and the light will become a deep blue.

On that note:

Does anyone know how to remove the AC/Clock panel from above the center console? I'm trying to get to the bulbs and buttons to change the colour to blue. Any suggestions?

Will have pictures soon. I also picked up a very cool audio frequency meter from ebay. looks nice, we'll see how it goes.

Upcoming mods..
- 3 guages
- audio frequecy gauges
- short shifter (RPW.. )