Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

1995 montero SR Ebay Gasket Set Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 05:40 PM
Default 1995 montero SR Ebay Gasket Set Review

Went ahead and took a gamble along with alittle research and bought a complete head upper gasket set from Evergreen performance components off of ebay and id have to say im very impressed. I also got a water pump from them aswell. I went ahead and bought some valve stem seals from autozone and O'rielly's just to compare them with the ones I recieved in the kit and what i found was that the "viton" ebay seals are better than the autozone seals, autozones were loose around the valve stem and didnt seem to have a good seal. The Beck/arnley seals from O'rielly's which are made in japan are just as good as the evergreen seals maybe alittle bit better but not by much. I also compared Head Gaskets from autozone and mine are just as good if not better. Now I havent tested these yet and am not saying dont buy from autozone but just comparing that is all. But I have noticed that O'rielly's parts seem alil better in my opinion. This kit came with every gasket needed and all of the gaskets look great(better than I thought). This kit was only $47.00 shipped.I am also going to be replacing the timing belt. I will be starting the project as soon as my service manual arrives, and will try and post pics and some instruction and maybe a youtube video on the complete procedure.So if your on a budget like am id snag one of these up and put it away for when you need it. My kit,water pump and timing belt came out to $124.00 shipped.

Attached Thumbnails 1995 montero SR Ebay Gasket Set Review-parts-1.jpg