Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

2001 Montero Limited Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 09:40 PM
Post 2001 Montero Limited Questions

Guys, I am buying a beautiful red/grey 2001 Mitsubishi Montero(Not sport) Limited (California car). I am very in-love with this SUV but I have following questions about this SUV.

1) Does this Montero Limited has Traction control? A friend of mine said to me it is very important for Mitsubishi Montero to have traction control. I asked the seller to turn the key to on and there is no TRAC light like my Toyota has.

2) I wonder if it also has differential lock?

3) What are the common problems you encountered with this SUV? The seller had the instrument panel rebuilt at Mitsubishi dealer.

Your answers are very appreciated. More power!

Old 08-14-2013, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by LexP
Guys, I am buying a beautiful red/grey 2001 Mitsubishi Montero(Not sport) Limited (California car). I am very in-love with this SUV but I have following questions about this SUV.

1) Does this Montero Limited has Traction control? A friend of mine said to me it is very important for Mitsubishi Montero to have traction control. I asked the seller to turn the key to on and there is no TRAC light like my Toyota has.

2) I wonder if it also has differential lock?

3) What are the common problems you encountered with this SUV? The seller had the instrument panel rebuilt at Mitsubishi dealer.

Your answers are very appreciated. More power!
1) The 2001 Montero did not come with Traction Control

2) No, it has a LSD rear diff.

3) No problems.

My Gen III has provided over ten years of adventure.
Enjoy!