Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

2001 Montero sport power lock issue

Old 09-28-2013, 03:09 PM
Red face 2001 Montero sport power lock issue

Hi, great site you have here. It has already helped me many times even before I joined.
I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Montero sport that I have a power lock issue with.
As of right now controlling the power locks from the key fob works as intended, however from inside the truck they will only lock.
Now some background. The locks all worked perfectly until yesterday when I had a "mobil locksmith" service make an extra key for my truck (yes those quotes mean something).
From jump street this job was a hash up, I could digress here but I will skip to the relevant details. After he was "done" (the day before yesterday) I had to call him back out because ( he finally came back out yesterday) A) The key he cut worked fine in the ignition but would not unlock the doors and B) he apparently 'bumped' my master key from my trucks computers database when he set up the second key, so I had one key that would start the truck and one key that would unlock the doors...Nice... Anyway when he returned the next day (yesterday) he set up both keys to work and told me that he had to wire wheel off the key and lube the locks. As the key had quite a bit of flash on it, I had already wire wheeled the key the day before because I was leary of installing it in my ignition lock the way it was. So he left yesterday evening, today I discovered my electric door locks will only lock from inside the truck, both keys will lock ALL the doors but only unlock the door it is being used on. My question is this: Is there some sort of mechanical/electrical interface in those locks that could have been damaged by this goofball? Or is it more likely a coincidence and the problem may lie in the master switch? I am NOT calling him back out, nor am I interested in litigation I merely want to know if I should break out the test light or look at those locks.

Old 10-11-2013, 01:46 PM

Two minutes thirty with my test light... Door lock switch..

Old 10-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Banned

Nice one!