Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

2003 Montero Limited Yellow Light

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 04:39 PM

Adrenalin:
Was that repair in the $200 range as I've been told? $39 or so for the switch and two hours labor? I've just gotten top where I ignore it while hiway driving, since there is an additional A/T Temp warning light above the steering column on the dash and I figured if it was serious it would light up? But it is annoyingt as hell to weatch that yellow light flash after 20 or so miles on the highway?? Let me know bud and I'd appreciate it?
Capt Chuck

Old 10-14-2010, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by adrenalin20
My montero is finally fixed. I had my transfer case re-timed, fluid replaced, mechanical parts re-greased and.......NOTHING...... the yellow light was still coming back. Finally the dealer listened to me and replaced free wheel sensor and the flashing light is gone for good. I spent lots of money on this problem so I suggest you folks listen to the good people
on this or other forums before you rush to your dealership and give your hard earned money away to them.
Just would like to know what the dealer charged you for that replacement part the free wheel senor and thank you for the information

Last edited by tzentgraf; 10-14-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Default 03 Montero blinking yellow center dif light

Hey, this is a problem that I have had to fix twice now at a great expense. The Mits dealer tells me when one switch goes, you just replace them all. It worked for two years the first time but just happened again. These sensor/switches are $66 each at my local dealer, by the time all is said and done I'm into a $600 or $700 repair. Poorly designed system, difficult and expensive to repair. Mits Corp ought to be paying for all these replacements as far as I am concerned. My next 4x4 will most certainly NOT be a Mitsubishi Unit.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:47 PM

this is definitely good resource information. who is the mod of this forum? maybe add a few tags and title keywords to help with searches for future owners who have similar problems.

thanks for sharing guys.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:58 AM

I have already ordered all five sensor/switches which I was told all had to be replaced and got them through a company out west for $36 to $39 ea. Thanks

Old 11-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Default Flshing Yellow Differential Light

OK, I figured I'd get this flashing yellow light for differential finally fixed....so, after changing tranny oil, filters and gaskets, I broke down, bought the freewheel clutch switch (MR953767) and had it installed by the local dealer...$156 total!! 1st trip out and down the hi-way, 20 miles down the road and here it goes, flashing yellow and pissing me off!! Any wise ones care to shed light on this for me?? Thanks!
Capt. Chuck

Old 11-30-2010, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by captchuck
OK, I figured I'd get this flashing yellow light for differential finally fixed....so, after changing tranny oil, filters and gaskets, I broke down, bought the freewheel clutch switch (MR953767) and had it installed by the local dealer...$156 total!! 1st trip out and down the hi-way, 20 miles down the road and here it goes, flashing yellow and pissing me off!! Any wise ones care to shed light on this for me?? Thanks!
Capt. Chuck
http://4wd.blogeasy.com/

has an excellent write up on this issue. Don't be fooled by the Gen 2 on the homepage. The basics of the ActiveTrak/SuperSelect4WD system are the same for Gen 2 and Gen 3 Monteros/Pajeros/Shoguns.

Yes it is a long article, but well worth the read. If you can't be bothered, then ask your mech/service guys to have a read through, because most of them are pretty f@*!ing useless when it comes to Gen 3 Monteros here in North America (not because they're incompetent; they just don't see enough of them), but still insist on charging "full experienced mechanic" labor rates.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:53 AM

Reviving an old thread...
Got a 2003 Montero Limited with the same yellow blinking light problem, will try cleanning out the switches first.
I've been trying to find them on different Mit (online) autopart stores, but no luck. Any advice?

Old 05-01-2012, 11:57 AM

I've had decent luck with mitsubishiparts.com.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by mtc137
I've had decent luck with mitsubishiparts.com.
Thanks man...

Quick Reply: 2003 Montero Limited Yellow Light