Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

2003 Montero Sport Throttle Spring Reinstallation

Old 04-25-2015, 03:41 PM
Default 2003 Montero Sport Throttle Spring Reinstallation

Hi Guys: I am in the process of changing the spark plugs on my 2003 Mitsubishi Sport 2WD, 3.0 l engine. I am taking apart carefully and labeling all the parts before dissasembly.In the process of doing this I took out the throttle cable spring,and I would like to know how to put it back together again since the two springs became separated.
An ilustration would be very helpfull.
I am attaching a picture I took before taken them apart.
Your asistance with this matter would be greatly apperciated.
Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails 2003 Montero Sport Throttle Spring Reinstallation-2.jpg  
Old 04-26-2015, 12:19 AM

No clue - never had that apart...

Old 05-02-2015, 12:19 PM
Default 2003 Montero Sport Throttle Spring Reinstallation

Cogito ergo sum= I think therefore I am.
After lot of thinking and wondering, how I made that mistake, and to never make it again, I finally fixed the mystery of the throttle springs position. There are two springs, one large yellow, and another green one. The green spring goes inside the large yellow spring. Both springs have hooks on each end, clockwise and counterclokwise.I positioned the two ends of the counterclockwise hooks, against the body of the throttle valve, and hooked them to a little tongue on the body. I did the same, with other two hooks on the other end of the springs and hooked them on another little tongue located on the black outer piece that holds the accelerator cable.
All of these indications you can see on the after springs (picture )attached to the system. I hope, that no one make the same mistake I made, but in case that happens, I hope that this repair helps!
Take care everyone, and good luck!

Attached Thumbnails 2003 Montero Sport Throttle Spring Reinstallation-mitsubishi-throttle-springs-position-1.jpg