Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

4WD and ABS Light - How to change the freewheel Valve Solenoid

Old 06-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Default 4WD and ABS Light - How to change the freewheel Valve Solenoid

Hi,

I know nothing about cars, but i do know that i am broke after getting the parts i need for the car ...

I have read tons of comments about the 4wd and abs Light coming on after a while from driving and every1 said that the problem was solved after they changed the freewheel Cluch valve Solenoid ...whatever ...

It is the Part with the yellow and blue dot in this pic ...

http://www.blogeasy.com/document.dow...cumentID=15389

The question is > how can i Install it ? can anyone give me some directions ... would i be able to do it ? what kind of tools do i need ...

I would certainly try to document my attempt via video or pictures > Thanks all ... I got the part from mitsubishi Part Number MR263723.

I posted a different Post than the other person because my Montero is a 2000 Model ...

Thanks in advance

Old 06-03-2011, 10:07 PM

Done ... I'll Update ... with my endeavor ... I hope it worked though !!!! I'm scared !

Old 06-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Default What i did ...

So, just to give you a background of my mechanical experience… I have changed the battery of my car last week … and that’s about it …
I know nothing really about cars … but I used to watch mechanics work on cars … but never worked on them, anyways I’m broke after I got all the parts for my Montero and can’t afford to pay more on the labor for this …

The problem is that the 4WD light keeps on flashing … after a while the abs light turns on …
I have researched the issue online and I read a lot about others who had the same problem that was fixed after replacing the freewheel Valve Selinoid … I got the part from the Mitsubishi Dealer for 94 bucks I guess… and decided that its either that I do it or that I just end up with no car if it does not work …
1) Removed the electric connection with the air filter cover …
2) Removed the air Filter cover … the air hose is connected to something like a carborator or something (that’s how bad I am with cars … ) anyways …there was a screw that holds that hose to the carborator, you just unscrew it easily to take that hose out there is another hose connected to it … it is released too ….
3) There were 2 size 10 bolts that held the part that needed to be changed … I unscrewed them … and there was enough space for me to continue …
4) There were I believe 5 hoses to take off the old part and put on the new part … I was really scared because I didn’t want to screw things up by misplacing a hose or cutting one of the hoses – they are 11 years old !! never been removed … rubber and they were pretty stuck there … it took me a LONG time to remove all of them … I placed the new part while the old part was still loose so that I would put all the hoses and not missing up ..
5) There was also a top cap or rubber cover – you don’t want to forget that …
6) Put everything back in place …
7) Voila – No lights – I hope  I’m scared … I’m gonna Add some Pictures and work later more on the terminology– maybe it will become a sticky :P >
The pics are on my friend’s phone so I’m gonna have to wait for him 