96 montero LS rear door locks? - Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Go Back   Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums > Mitsubishi Models > Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Default 96 montero LS rear door locks?

The remote door lock for rear compartment is inoperable; access from inside doesn't expose the locking mechanism. How may I access the locking mechanism from the outside? The rear handle does not engage from the outside.
Doug Latimer
Old 03-27-2011, 02:06 PM

Ok, doug, no one is chiming in so I'll reply just to start the ball rolling. I'm thinking that your '96 must be pretty similar to my '95. Isn't the lock in the middle of the back door? At least the switch is there that tells you when it's locked or not. I must admit that I've never pried off the escutcheon (love that word) to peek inside the back door. So where, exactly, is the locking mechanism located when you've presumably removed the plastic backing? What is it that you can see?
Santa Cruz, California
1995 Montero LS 5-Speed White with Gray Interior Simply Damn Beautiful