Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Brake help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 06:13 PM
Default Brake help please

My montero xls is having difficulties braking.. I press the brake but it sinks all the way, I benny reading about brake issues but it only talks about accumulater or booster. It says that the brake pedal gets hard but non of that is happening to me, I have to press the brake pedal twice in order to get a good brake other then that it sinks.. can somebody please help out..

Old 01-03-2017, 10:55 PM

Based on the symptoms you describe - first action is to check brake fluid level, replace all fluid and bleed the lines.

Old 01-07-2017, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by MXLS
My montero xls is having difficulties braking.. I press the brake but it sinks all the way, I benny reading about brake issues but it only talks about accumulater or booster. It says that the brake pedal gets hard but non of that is happening to me, I have to press the brake pedal twice in order to get a good brake other then that it sinks.. can somebody please help out..
You have air in the brake lines if you need to pump the brakes to get the vehicle to stop. If the fluid level drops below a certain point, each time you apply the brakes you can introduce air into the brake system. Check for leaks at and around the vicinity of the brake reservoir. Inspect the brakes at each wheel to determine if there is brake fluid leaking. If you can't find a leak then a simple fix would be to bleed the brakes to force the air out of the lines. When you remove the air from the brake lines the brake pedal will not push all the way to the floor since air can be compressed and brake fluid can't.