Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

BRAND NEW ALTINATOR! and the truck still died.... I need help please :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 10:23 PM

have ur starter checked it could be bad and causing too much of a draw on the system, to the point that it cant recover. also check all of ur grounds are connected and not corroded and such

Old 08-24-2009, 10:26 PM

Ok I'll keep you posted, but If I have a shop hook the diagnostic computer to the Montero, the computer should pick up were the fault is right?

Old 08-24-2009, 11:26 PM

Does it start if you use jumper cables? If so then that indicates that the battery is not fully charged. If not then you could have bad ground wires (check the negative cables from the battery to the chassis and the engine (usually attached to the A/C compressor bracket))

One other thing as a long shot. I've had my ignition switch fail at around 90K miles. Everything worked except the starter contacts were worn. If the clicking noise is coming from around the steering column then you might want to have the switch checked out.

Ron

Old 02-25-2010, 09:06 PM
Default 2000 Montero Alternator & battery lights on at all time

Greetings to all,

I'm new on this forum and looking for some help. My Montero has a new alternator about 7 months old and a new battery too. I purchased both of them last year because the Montero had an oil leek and the alternator had lots of oil. I took the alternator apart and cleaned it. However the light kept turning on so I decided to purchase a new one. Well now after 7 month is full of oil again, so I took it apart and cleaned it, the lights are still on, but apparently it's charging my battery because I can use the AC, lights and radio with no problem. Any body had this problem? Can someone help me?

v/r
Race