Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Bull bar????

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 08:08 PM
Default Bull bar????

Hey folks new to this site 1st post, I've really just started off roading with my 05 montero ltd. And I love it, so I wanted to do some mods to it nothing over the top or too crazy but I truly enjoy the "safari" look of suvs and I think the montero really fits that mold for me, wanted to get a bull bar equipped, was wondering can bull bars from older Monteros say a '98 fit onto an '05? Thanks for the help folks

Last edited by montero_offroad; 08-17-2016 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Misspelled
Old 08-20-2016, 10:55 PM

The front of a '98 is different dimensions from '05. I have an '05 Ltd. and I like it a lot. It can be an elegant vehicle when needed, and a great off road SUV; a japanese Range Rover. BTW, mechanically it is as sophisticated and advanced as a Range Rover, so expect parts to be as expensive. Lots of ECU's, lots of sensors, etc. If you are handy as a mechanic you will be fine, if not, get ready.

Going back to your question... Maybe, but it would require modifications to the bull bar to make it fit properly. ARB has the correct bull bar, there are other brands. If you don't find what you are looking or under the model Montero, look for Pajero and Shogun (european models).

Old 08-21-2016, 08:35 AM

thanks guangui for the info and clearing that up, yea i agree with you it is elegant and tough when need be. Yea so far only ARB is the one I've found that fits without modifying it. But hey its all apart of the adventure right?

Old 08-21-2016, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by montero_offroad
thanks guangui for the info and clearing that up, yea i agree with you it is elegant and tough when need be. Yea so far only ARB is the one I've found that fits without modifying it. But hey its all apart of the adventure right?
If you are mechanically inclined, have a decent tool box, maybe a welder, and patience, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to modify. Now have an important fact in consideration, besides dimensions. The airbag sensors/system might have to be modified, that takes knowledge. ARB's is engineered and manufactured to be plug n' play with the vehicle's airbag system, without loosing functionality. It is up to you, but if you cannot modify that, then you must disable the airbags*, there are instructions on the web on how to do that.

* DISCLAIMER: DISABLING THE AIRBAGS IS NOT MY RECOMMENDATION, IT IS UP TO YOU. AS YOU PROBABLY KNOW, IT IS A SAFETY RISK, AND YOU LOOSE WHAT COULD BE A LIFESAVING SECURITY FEATURE OF ANY MODERN VEHICLE. (Now, print this message, have it notarized, and post it acknowledging you have been warned).