Go Back   Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums > Mitsubishi Models > Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2010, 09:08 PM

Default Diesel conversion

Any buddy got any info on a diesel conversions, which engine wrk best and how much trbl to convert?? I have a 2000 montero sport, with 3 liter wanting to conver to diesel.. thanks for replys...
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on MitsubishiForum!
Old 06-09-2011, 12:22 PM

I just joined this forum because I saw your post. Have you found anything yet? I also have a 2000 Montero Sport with the 3.0 and it has almost 250,000 miles and the engine and trans are getting tired. So I was thinking of putting in an overhauled engine and tranny but then I thought a diesel would be better. This is my wife's car I drive a Dodge Ram Diesel and love it. Let me know if you found any iformation on this.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:22 AM

Up here in Canada we have a few RHD Diesel Pajeros running around. Most of these are 1995 and older, but I suspect that the easiest swap would be one of these motors. I doubt any Detroit iron would fit under the hood...without some serious modifications to engine bay/firewall to handle size, and chassis/subframe to handle the weight. Would be one hell of a conversion though.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:36 AM

Hi, I am driving the European/Japanese version, Pajero Sport with the 2.5 liter turbo diesel engine. Just hit 200k km ~ 125k miles and the motor works as new.
I was thinking to swap with 3.0l gas engine but it's too expensive to do and does not really going to cover future expenses.
The whole that swapping is just too hard! If you would want to upgrade from one gasoline engine to another it's much easier, see the electrical installation is almost the same, just change the ECU, motor and should work.
That does not quite stand like it with the diesel, you even have to get a new hood (there's a whole on it for air to get to the intercooler), there are gadget on the dashboard, that I am not sure the gas versions has. New electrical instalation, new transmission tons of stuff.
Around here we convert gasoline engines to work on propane/natural gas. It's 2 times cheaper than a liter gasoline and there's not much lose of power (that's what I would do if I had a gasoline engine).
By all i said I mean that for me this conversion is not worth it.

Regards, D. Dimitrov
Old 07-02-2011, 03:36 AM

Tags
1st, converrsion, conversion, conversions, conversoin, decil, deisel, diesel, dieselconversion, generation, mitisubis, mitshubishi, mitsubishi, montero, sport, swap