Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Finding parts and part compatibility for 89 Sport

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 02:24 PM
Default Finding parts and part compatibility for 89 Sport

Hello,

I have happily just purchased a 89 Dodge Raider/Montero Sport. I had a 87 years ago which needed repair I couldn't afford at the time. I've been longing for one since.

Two questions for ya'll that I couldn't find answers to...

First, where is the best place to find parts? Both brick and mortar or online? I've seen MitsubishiParts.com | "Mitsubishi Parts" at Less Than Dealer Wholesale mentioned here. I've also happened across Mitsubishi Auto Parts, Up to 70 % Off | Discount OEM Factory Direct Wholesale Mitsubishi Parts Warehouse. I've had to take everything back to the "regular" stores and nose around for the correct thing or just get a refund. Or buy extra stuff to make what I picked up work. (I had to at least get it safely driveable!) I've not had much success on some of the salvage websites...though I'm looking forward to going to do some wrenching on some actual salvage.

Where have you had the best of web, store and salvage experiences? I'm in the Denver metro.

Second, what is the year range of compatible parts? I look for 87-89 Montero or Montero Sport, obviously. It doesn't seem fruitful to look for Dodge Raider anywhere. Are 90-91 also compatible?

Thanks in advance!

David