Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Help 98 mitsubishi montero amplifier location!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Default Help 98 mitsubishi montero amplifier location!!

Hey! I am installing an aftermarket radio in my 98 Mitsubishi Montero in my car but it seems like i have to bypass the amplifier in order for the radio to wok. Any help locating the amp would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 11-20-2010, 12:40 PM

it uses a din cable, you automatically bypass the amp when you use a standard wiring harness (not the MITAH that comes with din plug)

Old 11-21-2010, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by redturboeclipse
it uses a din cable, you automatically bypass the amp when you use a standard wiring harness (not the MITAH that comes with din plug)
I am using a standard wiring harness and the car speaker wire is not part of the wiring harness. There is a separate plug that goes on the old radio that have the speaker wires, i cut that plug and see if i could use the speaker wires from there but there is an amp in the car. I want to find out where the amp is located so i can bypass it.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:29 PM

then you got the MITAH adapter. 90s and early 2000s mitsubishis have this setup if the premium infinity audio is installed as an option or standard.

SOME have parallel wiring because not all come with the infinity audio standard. good example is the mitsubishi eclipse from 95-99.

even if they don't have the inifinity stereo option its wired still for the deck to power the speakers

im not sure on the montero sport, based on what your saying apparently its just the proprietary din cable.

your right cutting it wont help because those are like RCA outputs to the amp. don't know where its located your going to have to start pulling panels, check under the seats, etc.

that amount of work i would just buy a new 4ch amp and redo the entire wiring.

i could be wrong, show me a picture of the harnesses behind the deck. im very familiar with mitsubishi car audio setups from mid 90s to early 00s.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by redturboeclipse
then you got the MITAH adapter. 90s and early 2000s mitsubishis have this setup if the premium infinity audio is installed as an option or standard.

SOME have parallel wiring because not all come with the infinity audio standard. good example is the mitsubishi eclipse from 95-99.

even if they don't have the inifinity stereo option its wired still for the deck to power the speakers

im not sure on the montero sport, based on what your saying apparently its just the proprietary din cable.

your right cutting it wont help because those are like RCA outputs to the amp. don't know where its located your going to have to start pulling panels, check under the seats, etc.

that amount of work i would just buy a new 4ch amp and redo the entire wiring.

i could be wrong, show me a picture of the harnesses behind the deck. im very familiar with mitsubishi car audio setups from mid 90s to early 00s.
Hey! I will see if i can take a pictures for you. The car is for my wife's mother. Like you said it's a din cable.