Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

I need some help, PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 03:18 PM
Exclamation I need some help, PLEASE!!!

Hello,

A while back we over heated our montero while running down the highway. It starts now with no knock but its puking smoke like a 2 ton fog machine!!

I am a skilled mechanic and im going to go ahead and take the intake and heads off to see whats I see. However I would really like to have a manual infront of me while I do this so I can follow a path.

I have looked around and havent found any information on rebuilding the 3.5 liter and It seems chilton and haynes never built a manual for this year car only a general purpose from 97-05 manual.

It also appears there is more then one version of the 3.5 that went into our year I havent been able to figure out which one we have.

So I guess what Im asking is if you were me, about to rip out the 3.5 and rebuild it and you wanted to follow a process that somebody has already done atleast once what would you buy or do?

I may end up buying the FSM but appearently there is atleast 3 volumes in our year monty FSM possibly more!!!

Any one know how many volumes are in the 2001 montero FSM?

Thanks for the input
Alex R.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:44 AM

Here is what books4cars has in stock.

Mitsubishi Montero Shop/Service Manuals at Books4Cars.com

(If the link doesn't bring up the search results go to Books4Cars.com - Every Repair Manual, Service Manual, Owners Manual and Book for your Car, Truck and Motorcycle and enter your info. Pretty expensive for the FSM but you can amybe call them to answer your questions.

Also a trip to a dealer parts dept with your VIN will let them look up exactly which engine you have.

Ron

Old 10-17-2011, 10:37 PM

i have a new head gasket set for your motor