Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

I've joined the montero club and now the forum!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 08:17 PM
Default I've joined the montero club and now the forum!

Newby to the mitsu forum here and joined because after buying my wife a brand new outlander back in August of 14 and really loving the cuv, I've now bought an 01 Montero limited. The truck has 121k, in decent shape for its age and I have to say I really like the truck all the way around. I've already invested in Cooper a/t tires, an all wheel alignment, waiting on the timing belt/water pump kit to come in and that's next. Anyways, I do all my own work but will be the first foreign car that I work on so I'll be learning the Asian builds ways and sharing my findings along the way to maybe help others doing the same. I have yet to see another Monty like mine so not sure if there are many Monty owners here being they aren't very common now, but hey different folks different strokes right! Hope to fit in here!

Old 05-03-2015, 03:42 PM

Welcome to the forum and Montero family. There aren't too many Montero's around and it is always a treat to see one rolling down the road. They are good reliable machines that will give you many years of good driving. If any problems come up, don't get discouraged and check the previous posts here on the forum. Often times you'll find resources on diagnostic and repair because someone had already gone through that issue. One of the first things you may want to do is download a Factory Service Manual from one of the sticky posts on the Montero page. If you are planning to do any work yourself, it is an invaluable resource.