Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

large amount of water on diver side floor when it rain car is stationary

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Default large amount of water on diver side floor when it rain car is stationary

2000 mitsubishi montreo sport a large amount of rain water getting in on diver side floor when suv is stationary . I had the wind shield and door seals check out everything check good. Did not find were the water is getting in at. Remenber the suv is park I am not running the AC,aslo I notice water same place diver side after it snow

Old 03-22-2011, 06:38 PM

So you're sure it's rainwater and not coolant, because that could be seeping from under the dash from the heater core or its connections.

Man, that's a tough one, because where water ends up isn't necessarily where it's coming from. I'd say the best thing to do is get everything dry and then get inside the vehicle and then get an assistant with a garden hose to go over the outside of the vehicle and see if you can tell that way.

Hope this helps...

Old 03-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Banned

The A/C drain hose is probably clogged.

Get under the car, look for a little rubber hose probably dripping water (or not if it's totally blocked). It should be just hanging there.

Get some compressed air, spray it in the hose when you're out of the way... and wait for the waterfall.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:12 AM

Do the sports have sunroofs? Because if they do then it's likely the water is coming in because the sunroof drains are plugged. Happens with the Montero SRs, people pay incredible amounts of money to fix this when all the garage does is blast compressed air down the drain to clear the blockage. When that doesn't work they hook up a vacuum on one end, the compressed air on the other and blast fishing line all the way through then tie that off to twine or string and pull that through after it. Soaking the twine with "CLR" from Home Depot helps to break loose any crud that's restricting the pipe. If you don't want to go through all that pay your local detailer $100 to clear all 4 of them.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:09 PM

Maybe his sunroof is open? I hadn't thought of that before