Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

mmcs 2008 Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 02:59 AM
Default mmcs 2008 Problem

Hello everyone,

my name is Steve and im from Italy.
I purchased a Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 Di-D Instyle Long from 2008 not long ago and im very pleased and proud of this car.
But i encountered a Problem 10 days ago, that my MMCS system looses the Timezone everytime i turn off the engine. Before everything was working great, but now it bugs me that everytime i have to set the time again on my mmcs , and the CDs i loaded on my HDD are always starting from the 1 folder with the 1 song when i start the engine and doesnt remember the last played Song from xxxx folder like before.......
I know these are small things but i couldn´t find any hint online or people who encountered the same Problem with this version of the MMCS.
Things i tried so far are:

-replaced Batteries (dual Battery system) with new ones , because the old ones where 8 years old and i wanted to replace them anyways.

-resetted the mmcs via hidden Maintenance Menu (Memory initialisation and deleting old Backup Data)

Is there anyone who can give me some advice what to check i dont know about?

10000 thanks in advance

sorry for my english

Old 08-26-2016, 09:15 AM

Welcome - and your English is perfectly fine.
Did you check the battery connections? Were they cleaned up when you put new batteries on or is there still corrosion; (the white stuff?)
Could it be ignition related by any chance? (This is just a thought that came to mind.)

Old 08-26-2016, 11:48 PM
HJB

When you power on each time is there a progress bar and a message that it is checking screen data or straight to the Mitzi logo?
If you power off and on quickly do the settings reset?
Try checking the fuses. There is an ignition power line and an always-on line. It is the always-on that keeps the memory loaded.

Old 08-27-2016, 05:11 AM

Hello guys, first of all thx for your responses!
The battery connections are fine i did cleaning them when i installed the new batteries. When i start up the screen goes direct to the mitsulogo without checking ist that good or bad?
When i switch fast on and off the settings of the timezone are resetted again, i will check the fuses if i find the right ones and let you know.

Old 08-27-2016, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by HJB
There is an ignition power line and an always-on line. It is the always-on that keeps the memory loaded.
Sounds like the always-on line is not powered. You'll have to dig under the dash to find out more. Try to find a wiring diagram for your truck and then trace the wires (the one that is "always-on") so you can figure out where the brake is.

Old 08-27-2016, 10:54 PM
HJB

I believe the unit would do the screen data check if the always-on line was down. I'm thinking that may be ok.
There maybe a few separate issues.
FOr the Time: Push SET + NAVi for 5 seconds and then "Network/Connect line check"
See if GPS receiver has OK and not N/A.
If N/A the receiver maybe disconnected. press back button from here once and hold the MENU button for 5 seconds. In here you will be able to set the GPS time manually.
For the music, pick two songs and rename them (add a number to the end of the name) and see if the changes stick - I've seen this sort out similar issues to this where settings were not saving.

Old 08-27-2016, 11:00 PM
HJB

To add - GPS N/A...
I've seen vehicles that have a small button mounted near the driver that has a wire disappearing behind the dash. This is to disable the movement sensor and GPS so AUX in motion and Video in-motion will work – just a thought to look out for.

Old 08-28-2016, 05:51 AM
HJB

Originally Posted by stevo..
Hello HJB,

Thx again for your help an patience!!!
I renamed some songs and the hdd keeps them memorized i think that it must have to do with this always on wire you mentioned! I notized that if i turn the key to the first ignition step where the dash gets powered up and the mmcs starts up and then i turn the key to the 2 step for the ignition to start the engine the mmcs looses power and restarts again is that normal? If i remember prior to this problem it didnt do that so i think the always on isnt working. Is there a fuse that is on the always on wire?
That is normal.
Disconnect your batteries for 30mins (just to make sure the memory is cleared) and reconnect then watch the first boot, I'd say it will be different than what you are seeing - and with a bit of luck it may fix your issues.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:32 AM

Hello HJB i give it a try tomorrow and let you know because at the moment im on the road and dont want to do the relearning phase of the car during my trip

Old 08-31-2016, 05:10 AM

Hello HJB,

no luck so far, i will contact my mitsubishi dealer maybe he knows how to solve this issue, and for how much $$$

thx alot for your help and patience!!!!!!!!!!

best regards and have a nice day

Steve