Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Montero LS

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Default Montero LS

Hi, Just joined the forum. We are about to purchase our first Montero and I have a few questions. The unit we are looking at is a 2002 Montero LS. In all my research I only find two models; "Limited" and "XLS". I've run the VIN through multiple sites, including Carfax and Edmunds and it comes up as an XLS. There is no roof rack or lower body trim which is usually accented in a different color. The emblem on the front fender says LS. Just wondering if any of you have any info on that model. Also the drivers side front window moves up and down a little then stops. If you wait a few seconds and hit the switch again it keeps moving. I assume it's a problem with the motor. Also, the air vent just to the right of the steering wheel is broken inwards and the bezel that surrounds it and the rest of that center cluster is cracked and broken. Checked a Mitsubishi parts site and it looked like that plastic bezel was about 200 dollars. Anyone who has any experience with any of these issues and anything else concerning this rig, I would really appreciate your input. Thanks in advance

Old 05-05-2013, 12:26 AM

yea they are nice cars if you take care of them

Old 03-21-2017, 10:40 PM
Default Montero XLS window switch (not Montero Sport)

My 2001 Montero XLS has broken rear window switch. Swapped with other side, and problem follows switch.

I can't seem to find the switch on eBay. Is there any other place besides the Stealer to find one?