Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

montero no alarm sound

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Default montero no alarm sound

My 1996 mitsubishi montero has a original automate alarm system so when i lock or unlock th chirmp sound comes but all the sudden when i lock or unlock there is no sound and i am positive that it is the speaker whick makes that sound next to the radiator but how do i fix it ???i want that sound back.Help.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:52 AM

here try this one, the horn answerback function is in the bottom...hope this helps..

ENABLING/DISABLING THE HAZARD/TURN SIGNAL ANSWERBACK FUNCTION

The answerback function from the hazard/turn signals when the doors are locked and unlocked can be turned on and off separately. A tone alarm/buzzer will sound once when the function is turned on and twice when the function is turned off. Before proceeding with the following procedures, make sure the key is removed from the ignition switch.

1. Press and hold the UNLOCK button for 4 to 10 seconds, then press and hold the LOCK button during this time.
2. To turn the function on or off when the doors are locked, release the LOCK button and then release the UNLOCK button. A tone alarm/buzzer will sound once when the function is turned on and twice when the function is turned off.
3. To turn the function on or off when the doors are unlocked, release the UNLOCK button and then release the LOCK button. A tone alarm/buzzer will sound once when the function is turned on and twice when the function is turned off.
ENABLING/DISABLING THE HORN ANSWERBACK FUNCTION

The following steps will set the horn answerback function to one of two different modes. These steps must be done with the key removed from the ignition switch.

1. Press and hold the LOCK button for 4 to 10 seconds, then press the UNLOCK button during this time.
2. Release the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons at the same time. A tone alarm/buzzer will sound to indicate the current mode:
One tone/buzzer: The horn will sound if the doors are locked with the keyless entry system. Two tones/buzzers The horn will not sound, even if the doors are locked or unlocked with the keyless entry system.

Three tones/buzzers:
(For Eclipse, Eclipse Spyder, Galant, and Lancer ONLY):
The horn will sound if the doors are already locked and the keyless entry system is used again. In this mode, the horn will only sound when the keyless entry LOCK button is pressed again to confirm that the doors are already locked.

The keyless entry system answerback/confirmation functions from the turn signal/hazard lights and horn can each be turned on and off as desired using the following procedures. All procedures must be done with the key OFF and removed from the ignition switch.

if this doesn't do the trick then the output from the ETACS module to the turn signal lamps is not present. you may have a faulty module, or wiring problem.