Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Montero Sport xls 4x4 vs outlander

Old 03-16-2016, 03:26 PM
Default Montero Sport xls 4x4 vs outlander

Im in the market for another 4x4 suv now because my 01 Montero sport 4x4 has 238K miles on it. I havent had to replace anything on it except batteries,timing belt,brakes and minor predictible stuff like that. What that means is its about time for most other things to begin failing and I dont want to have to rely on it any longer. I would buy another if I find one with less than 100K miles,and they have come available here in SoCal from time to time.In the meantime Im curious about the older Outlanders and wonder how are they in comparison to my MS's 4x4 ability ,ride & mech /elect reliability? Ive looked at Jeep Cherokees.Explorers,and a few others and they all seem to have too many big issues with A/Ts,engines & electrical ,along with small costly little bugs and failures of misc parts in general. Those problems are causing me to have a return look at mitsubiti. I liked the reliability i had with the 01 MS and wonder "Is this typical of mitsubiti quality ,or the montero sport or was my luck not the general rule?