Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

More codes .. sheeshhhh

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 02:43 PM

Ok,The solenoid valve works well but the resistance is not 29 - 35 it's 41 hummm it says to replace it but it still is working well holds great when powered and releases when powered down. Any thoughts on this one...????????????

Old 01-21-2015, 06:43 PM

Ok Ok Ok,,, Now, I have a smooth idol and runs like a champ. Hunter while checking out and testing as per the manual CD that I have, I found that for some apparent reason I had the A vacuum hose on the E vacuum hose. Yes they were reversed...WTF. Come to think if it I hit a deer about 4 years ago and had it repaired so maybe that would have something to do with it. I am the only one who touches my baby so that has to be it. So far I have no codes, Runs great, will take it up the mountains tomorrow and will post. I would have been nice to be able to drop n drag photos on the forum but they don't allow it here. I have no time to download to somewhere then dig them out n post. Thank you for standing in there with me..Awesome.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:41 PM

That is a great news. Guess what... I"ve done the same thing myself too (reversing the vacuum hoses). I think I was changing spark plugs and when the time came to re-install the plenum, I did not realize that all the little vacuum ports feed to different areas of the TB. I did not give a second thought and just plugged everything back in. Next day - Check Engine Code. After about the same amount of trouble shooting as you have done, I've dug up the engine vacuum diagram that had the "A" and "E" ports labeled on it and what do you know - I had the EGR lines backwards
I'm glad you were able to get it fixed. Better than just throwing parts at it. Right?

Old 01-22-2015, 01:00 PM

Ohh you got that right...
But when I hit the deer he smashed the grill n I thought I saw him open the hood and pull on a couple of things..lol Then he ran to the top of the hill and held up my hood emblem n just chuckled as if it was a reward or battle wound or something like that...but ya it could have been me all the time. Who'd a thunk it...lol