Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

my first mitsubishi montero,needed new engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 05:08 AM
Default my first mitsubishi montero,needed new engine

hi
i bought a 98 monty from a friends tow yard and motor had a broken rod. called engine rebuilders they picked it up. what a mistake, $2500 bucks later it seems they dont want to honor there warranty and i haven't even brought it in for first oil change.

with a new radiator,water pump and thermo i'm concerned why it gets so hot when i've only driven maybe 3 blocks but the gauge has already got the needle at halfway mark ? there is also the multi gauge on the dashboard, center gauge has a thermometer but iot doesnt seem to be working.

my final concern is the belt tension on the A/C compressor . they adjusted this belt so tight i can hear the bearings and the pump whine. would this cause the motor to get hot ?..quickly .. ?

i apologize for not having an owners manny yet but,....i'm working on it

if someone could please help solve the gauge problems with me i can get up on the road.

thanks everyone

Old 03-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Banned

Call your CC company and dispute the charges, The job isn't done.

I would also call the BBB, and leave a scathing review on Yelp.

You may have an air lock in the system.

Old 03-09-2014, 12:33 AM

thanks for reply
it seems the burea of auto repair are familiar with these clowns and i wonder why there allowed to advertise. the heating issue has leveled off but i'm keeping an eye on it .
when i decelerate now the engine stalls out. i plan on looking into the fuel delivery system , mainly the filter, engine seems sluggish or just slow to accelarate. it sucks cause i'd like to take it to mitsubishi and have them put the computer on it.

would the ECU need to recalibrate itself since the engine is rebuilt and should be tighter and more crisp then it was at when the old engine was pulled ? does it need to catch up with the new motor ?

appreciate any and all assistance

Old 03-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Banned

Pull the battery for 10 seconds and its reset.