Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

power antenna has no power.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 09:12 PM
Default power antenna has no power.

installed after market power antenna, When I turn on the radio I hear my relay click normally. The antenna doesn't move. Have 0 volts at antenna wiring. Checked all fuses they're good. Antenna goes up and down fine when connected straight to battery. My reason for replacing the antenna was the old one would extend fully and keep running and grinding so I know my wiring/ power supply was good at that time. Any advice please?

Old 08-06-2016, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by tom61
installed after market power antenna, When I turn on the radio I hear my relay click normally. The antenna doesn't move. Have 0 volts at antenna wiring. Checked all fuses they're good. Antenna goes up and down fine when connected straight to battery. My reason for replacing the antenna was the old one would extend fully and keep running and grinding so I know my wiring/ power supply was good at that time. Any advice please?
Take your old antenna and connect back again. See if it works. If it works, even if it grinds, the issue might be your new antenna. If your old antenna doesn't work, then you have an electrical issue somewhere. Maybe the relay, even though it clicks.