Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Seat belt help for 1998 Challenger 2.8TD

Old 05-09-2011, 08:43 AM
Default Seat belt help for 1998 Challenger 2.8TD

Hi
Not sure if this is the right thread...

I have a 1998 Challenger 2.8 TD Jap import. The rear drivers side belt failed and was completely removed by the previous owner. Could someone tell me of another vehicle that the belt and buckle would be the same on, such a Pajero or Shogun etc...

Cheers
Matt

Old 05-09-2011, 11:23 AM

Hey, Mammix2.

Wasn't that the car that crashed into the bulldozer at the end of "Vanishing Point?" Ops, just spoiled the ending for anyone who hasn't seen it.... Sorry.

Anyway, I know Mitsubishi and Chrysler/Dodge shared a lot of the same platforms and technology back in the day, but I'm afraid that I'm not too sure about seat belts. My best advice which isn't worth much in this situation is to go to your local wrecker and try to find a similar year Mitsubishi and/or Chrysler or Dodge and play "mix 'n match," using the existing belt's dimensions as a template.

Sorry, but that's the best I could come up with.... Hope someone else who knows more shows up (in this case, that would be anyone.)

Best of Luck.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by mothman52
Hey, Mammix2.

Wasn't that the car that crashed into the bulldozer at the end of "Vanishing Point?" Ops, just spoiled the ending for anyone who hasn't seen it.... Sorry.

Anyway, I know Mitsubishi and Chrysler/Dodge shared a lot of the same platforms and technology back in the day, but I'm afraid that I'm not too sure about seat belts. My best advice which isn't worth much in this situation is to go to your local wrecker and try to find a similar year Mitsubishi and/or Chrysler or Dodge and play "mix 'n match," using the existing belt's dimensions as a template.

Sorry, but that's the best I could come up with.... Hope someone else who knows more shows up (in this case, that would be anyone.)

Best of Luck.

Cheers. No need to watch vanishing point now :-)
Unfortunately all the local breakers i have asked dont have any of those cars :-(

Anyone??

Old 05-09-2011, 09:12 PM

Maybe you should consider moving

Here's a link to a purdy drawing and parts listings of what you're looking for from a reliable Mistu parts place:

http://www.mitsubishiparts.com/oe_parts_catalog.html

No idea if it'll fit your particular ride, so I'm still battin' ze-roh

Anyone? Bueller?