Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Seat issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 03:12 PM
Default Seat issue

I know there is a common issue with the middle row seats not always lifting and this can be fixed with an adjustment of the underside unlocking cables. But I can't get to that point right now. For clarification, this is the 2/3 side. The slide lever on the back which folds the back forward is locked. I have taken the back off the seat and the plastics that cover the middle mechanism. The issue seems to be on the middle side. I can manually move the outer side, but the middle side I can not. I have studied this and can not figure out what the issue is. Has anyone else had any luck fixing this issue?

I need to lean it forward to lift the seat and disconnect fuel lines to drop the tank. I am trying to finish replacing fuel lines and this is stuck seat is killing me. Any genuine help is greatly appreciated. I have done all the searches and most all relate to the seat flipping forward.

Matt

Old 04-14-2015, 06:51 AM
Old 04-14-2015, 04:50 PM

The link above is a good reference on how to get seats unstuck. I also found that following works:
Fold the seat back down.
If the bottom part of the seat does not release from the floor, hold the lever that releases the back in the "release" position and lift the back of the seat almost all the way up.
While doing so, you'll hear a click toward the end of the movement. Keep holding the release button and refold the seat. Doing so several times often unlocks the bottom portion of the seat from the floor.
Once you succeed in doing so, you can unbolt the bottom cover from the seat and clean and lubricate the locking mechanism.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:16 PM

Thank you, but that is where my issue lies. The Seat BACK will not fold forward. I had the issue a couple times of it not lifting forward. But now, the lever to fold the seat BACK Forward is jammed. I will try to get a couple pictures later to show where it is stuck. I am trying to get my gas tank reinstalled right now so I can take our van in to have timing belt replaced and transmission rebuilt. It just never stops.

Old 04-16-2015, 07:32 PM

Did you check the link posted above? And did you pay attention to what HunterD explained on his post it'll work just have to try it.

Old 04-16-2015, 11:26 PM

Sounds like you got a bigger problem than the common "seat not folding" thing most of us experienced. When you say the lever is jammed - is it jammed on the bottom or on top? Can you remove plastic top from the lever and get at it with a vicegrips?