Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Service engine lite?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 04:45 PM
Question Service engine lite?????

wassup fellas,

long time no chit chat, well life here in las vegas is " HOT@SSFUK" well thats life in the damn desert, anyway i just sunk a bunch of money into my girls 2000 montero sport xls 4.3L V6, full engine serviced, belt, plugs, wires, complete all fluid flushing, even got the center support bearring replaced, new tires and rims and got the black trim touched up around the windows along with the front roll bar.. runs perfect for a few months so last week the " service engine" light comes on, so WTF! any idea's fellas as to what the reason could or may be? everytime we get gas we make sure the gas cap clicks several times for a tight fit? any and all idea's, brain farts are welcomed... thanks again

aaron

aka the milkmaan

Last edited by milkmaan; 08-28-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:13 AM

wow nobody can give me any suggestions as to why the service engine light came on? common fellas, work with me here. please thanks

Old 08-30-2010, 03:12 PM

Your light came on because your emissions control computer detected a problem and stored one or more of about 400 different error codes. What error you ask? Don't ask us because we HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING!

If you want some help from this board you might want spend to at least as much time helping yourself as you do posting questions that can't be answered. Go to a Pep Boys or AutoZone or any number of shops and have the error codes read. Then use the search function on this forum to get the answers you seek.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:43 AM
Default ndeed

ya know,

things that seem self evident to you may not to another, i just had ask and see " what if " and thought i could get some positive feedback on it, but why goto pepboys when sears does the same kinda work for a hell of a lot cheaper and sears is coast to coast. pepboys is the westcoast only, well that i know of.... so thank you! for that well thought out useless advice you have passed on... good job!!!

Originally Posted by jrmdir
Your light came on because your emissions control computer detected a problem and stored one or more of about 400 different error codes. What error you ask? Don't ask us because we HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING!

If you want some help from this board you might want spend to at least as much time helping yourself as you do posting questions that can't be answered. Go to a Pep Boys or AutoZone or any number of shops and have the error codes read. Then use the search function on this forum to get the answers you seek.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:28 PM
Thumbs down

If you consider the sugestion that you actually get the codes read so someone could help you to be useless advice then you are going to be living with your CEL light on for a long time.

Get the codes and lose the attitude and maybe someone here will help you decide how to fix your problem. (It won't be me, however.)

Caio

Old 09-02-2010, 10:46 AM

I think the heat is gettin' to you milkmaan. What the hell is a 4.3L V6 anyway? No Mitsu V6 I've ever heard of.