Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

So Why Don't You Have A Manual?

Old 04-29-2014, 10:34 AM

I just realized my "Sport" is not a sport at all but the Montero LS. (egg onn face)

So, I have a '97 sport manual for sale, bought off of books4cars.

Jim

Old 05-27-2014, 01:35 PM

where did u find the online manual for the 02 montero because all i can find is 03 model repair manual

Old 05-28-2014, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by deadreckoning86
where did u find the online manual for the 02 montero because all i can find is 03 model repair manual
Besides the minor body style changes, the only major mechanical difference between the '02 and '03 is that the later model Gen. III Monteros are fitted with traction control. You can look at the differences between the models on the forum below. I've been using the '03 manuel for years and it has always seemed spot on.

Check out the threads on:

Tech Database
and
Tech Bible

Outer Limits 4x4 Board • View forum - Mitsubishi

Here is a link to the FSM that I use. HTH

http://www.pajero4x4.ru/piii/

Old 07-05-2014, 02:38 PM

I have just bought a 1997 montero LS 4wd.. I am having intermittent starting issues.. don't get me wrong it always starts but some times you need to turn key several times.. sometimes it takes a minute.. sometimes it starts right up..i was doing a jump start at beginning and a jump always started it right away..now i just kind of fool around with it till it starts..it has new alt and starter.. the battery looks new but has zero info/markings on it so i think it was bought at the local flee market (lol).. I did not get a owners manual with it and would like one (if anyone has an extra or link to an online owner manual lease contact me) I will be buying a haynes but till next month i am little short on cash.. I looked at the fuse box in the engine compartment and I think that a fuse is missing as there is a wire with 2 clips in one of the places a fuse would go.. but since i do not have diagram i cannot figure out which/what it is for.. any all help is appreciated.. I am not mechanically inclined but can read and follow directions fairly well.. thanks Scott

Old 08-01-2014, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by scottdillman
I have just bought a 1997 montero LS 4wd.. I am having intermittent starting issues.. don't get me wrong it always starts but some times you need to turn key several times.. sometimes it takes a minute.. sometimes it starts right up..i was doing a jump start at beginning and a jump always started it right away..now i just kind of fool around with it till it starts..it has new alt and starter.. the battery looks new but has zero info/markings on it so i think it was bought at the local flee market (lol).. I did not get a owners manual with it and would like one (if anyone has an extra or link to an online owner manual lease contact me) I will be buying a haynes but till next month i am little short on cash.. I looked at the fuse box in the engine compartment and I think that a fuse is missing as there is a wire with 2 clips in one of the places a fuse would go.. but since i do not have diagram i cannot figure out which/what it is for.. any all help is appreciated.. I am not mechanically inclined but can read and follow directions fairly well.. thanks Scott
Sorry to take so long to respond. Actually mine had the same issue. A simple replacement of the ignition switch should cure your issue. Take you 20min to replace. Pretty simple.

Old 08-01-2014, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bratboy90
Sorry to take so long to respond. Actually mine had the same issue. A simple replacement of the ignition switch should cure your issue. Take you 20min to replace. Pretty simple.
Thanks will buy part and let you know how it goes 😀

Old 02-01-2015, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Z.
Besides the minor body style changes, the only major mechanical difference between the '02 and '03 is that the later model Gen. III Monteros are fitted with traction control. You can look at the differences between the models on the forum below. I've been using the '03 manuel for years and it has always seemed spot on.

Check out the threads on:

Tech Database
and
Tech Bible

Outer Limits 4x4 Board • View forum - Mitsubishi

Here is a link to the FSM that I use. HTH

http://www.pajero4x4.ru/piii/
Mr. Z,

Hello,
The link http://www.pajero4x4.ru/piii/ you have provided has been as you said 'spot on'. All the links on that page worked except for the Antilock Brakeing System (ABS) or GR00006700-35b.pdf. I tried all I could think of to try to open the file even a different program but received an error message that read cannot open file because it is corrupted or problem with file format. And wouldn't you know it, this is the section I need.
Being a junior member please pardon me if I am going about this the wrong way but.....HELP!! Is there another site I can get this info from without having to pay for it?

Thank you in advance for any info and/or advice you ( or any other member ) may give.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:25 PM

Go to http://www.mitsubishilinks.com/ and grab the Montero_fsm_2003 file. It has all the ABS info as well as all the sections for service.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:18 AM

Thank you.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:22 PM

New to the forum, New 2003 Monty owner... I've used the links here to dload the FSM, anyone have any links for the Owner's Manual in PDF?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So Why Don't You Have A Manual?