Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

*2015 Outlander liftgate button not working...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 01:10 PM
Question *2015 Outlander liftgate button not working...HELP!

2015 Outlander liftgate button not working, key fob and dash button do work. Yes, the on-off button by the cup holder is depressed and in the "On" position. I've checked fuses, done every combination of resetting the locks with the door lock driver side, and depressing the liftgate button in every combination of fast and slow / once and twice. I even called my Mitsubishi dealership, an hour and a half away, to ask this question and of course, " you'll have to make an appointment and bring it in." Thoughts? Ideas? Thank you in advance

Old 07-18-2016, 11:59 AM

What actually happens when you try to open the liftgate? Does it do absolutely nothing, or are there beeps, or flashing lights, or clicking, or liftgate motor turning? I'm not suggesting I have the answer, but I recall struggling to get the liftgate working the first few times, but now it works as expected for me. I'm wondering if it's a mechanical issue, or simply some combination that is not correct (such as all of the different combinations you've tried).

Old 07-18-2016, 03:07 PM
Arrow

Originally Posted by Richard A
2015 Outlander liftgate button not working, key fob and dash button do work. Yes, the on-off button by the cup holder is depressed and in the "On" position. I've checked fuses, done every combination of resetting the locks with the door lock driver side, and depressing the liftgate button in every combination of fast and slow / once and twice. I even called my Mitsubishi dealership, an hour and a half away, to ask this question and of course, " you'll have to make an appointment and bring it in." Thoughts? Ideas? Thank you in advance
It's a 2015 you should still be under warranty I would take it in to a dealer see if you are covered get it fixed for free.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:33 PM

TheSaint024: with the dash button and key fob I get:
Open... four beeps with the first being longer and two flashes of light.
Close... I get three beeps the first thing longer with two light flashes.
With the actual liftgate button, nothing nothing nothing.
Serpentor: I am resigned to take it to the dealership because it is under warranty, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something erroneously because I was naive, or prevent the 3 hour round trip to the dealership.
thank you Both for responding.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:04 AM

............. just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something erroneously because I was naive, or prevent the 3 hour round trip to the dealership...........
Problems like your vehicle's are rarely, if ever, unique to one single vehicle. It is almost certain that many Outlanders of the same year are having the exact same problem and, therefore, many have already been repaired and the dealership may already know exactly what's wrong and it may be a simple fix -- either in computer software or hardware or parts.

If I were you, I'd try calling the dealership, talking to someone in the service department and starting the conversation by saying exactly what I've quoted above -- that you're a 3-hour round trip to the dealership. Maybe they'll take pity on you and tell you exactly what's wrong and how to fix it yourself. It's worth a shot.

If they say that they don't know what's wrong, try calling dealerships in the NYC area or L.A. or Boston -- dealerships that repair many many Outlanders each day. They're more likely to have fixed this problem a number of times and might be more willing to divulge the probably-simple fix.

Good luck.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:07 AM

Thank you Outlaander, calling other dealerships in a busier state was a good idea and I Thank You for that very much. I will go with your suggestion and discontinue this thread.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:51 PM

I've never heard those beep sequences. It sounds like a setting or malfunction. I like the calling dealership idea. Also, you can try Mitsubishi NA, although they take time to respond and may or may not be helpful. They do reach out to techs to get answers though. Also, it would be nice if you replied with a follow up on what the problem was and how it eventually was resolved.

Old 07-19-2016, 01:22 PM

Thanks for the positive feedback Saint, and I will post when I resolve this issue.

Old 07-29-2016, 04:38 AM

Issue solved: Took it in and I was told, "The wiring harness connection at the door switch"just vibrated "loose.".

Old 07-29-2016, 10:30 AM

Issue solved: Took it in and I was told, "The wiring harness connection at the door switch"just vibrated "loose.".
And for that you took a 3-hour round trip?

I'm curious. What, if anything, did the dealer charge for reconnecting the harness?

Quick Reply: *2015 Outlander liftgate button not working...HELP!