Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

11 Outlander Sport won't start on first try! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 12:44 PM

uh... try turning off the loud music and rolling down your window so we can actually hear the engine. The RPM flutter is helpful, but hearing it try to start will be much more useful.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:18 PM

I was the one that started this post last year. My car still once a week will not start on the first or second try. I have brough it in to the dealership more times than I can count now. They say they cannot replicate the problem and therefore can do nothing for me. They keep telling me to bring it back when it gets worse, but it never has. I have contacted corporate and they said whatever the dealership says they have to go by. I have just learned to live with it. I am hoping that eventually more and more people will complain about it and someone will actually give a **** and figure it out.

Victoria

Old 04-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Default Thanks!

Burtonrider10022, sorry this doesn't meet your standards. This kind of thing does not happen every day so the fact that I got it on video is pretty good. Also, the music coming on doesn't dismiss the fact that there IS a problem with the car, you can hear that much. So your smart comment is not needed. It does suck that the music comes on lol It sounds like the engine is weak and gives out but turns on (this catch at least).

Victoria, thank you for letting me know you ALSO spoke to corporate. I have been dealing with AWFUL customer service from the dealership I am going to and see that the manager and the District Manager seem to be on the same page aka not going to try and help.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by mleb89
Burtonrider10022, sorry this doesn't meet your standards. This kind of thing does not happen every day so the fact that I got it on video is pretty good. Also, the music coming on doesn't dismiss the fact that there IS a problem with the car, you can hear that much. So your smart comment is not needed. It does suck that the music comes on lol It sounds like the engine is weak and gives out but turns on (this catch at least).

Victoria, thank you for letting me know you ALSO spoke to corporate. I have been dealing with AWFUL customer service from the dealership I am going to and see that the manager and the District Manager seem to be on the same page aka not going to try and help.
Smart comment? It was straight forward feedback to your video. The rpm flutter was helpful, but hearing what it does would be better. I'm not sure how your interpreted that as a smart comment...

Old 01-19-2017, 04:40 PM

2014 RVR SE Limited. I have had this issue since brand new. It seems to happen randomly. I will put the key in turn it to start it, the engine turns over for a much longer time than normal and then it starts, or I let off, try again and then it starts. Seems like the security system is blocking ignition or the ignition system is not working properly. All the posts here are from 3+ years ago. Any updates?