Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2007 Front suspension spring snapped !

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 09:33 PM
Thumbs up Extending warrenty on coil springs .... Love my Mitsubishi !!

Yes I was so pleased to get a letter a couple of weeks ago that they are extending the warrenty for coil springs on the '07 Outlander !!!! Wow .... talk about backing up their vehicle .I sent in copies of the reciepts as requested and waiting to hear back . As I said before ...best vehicle I have ever owned all through the years . No problems except for this , and they are fixing the problem .

Old 06-04-2014, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by kburke
Yes I was so pleased to get a letter a couple of weeks ago that they are extending the warrenty for coil springs on the '07 Outlander !!!! Wow .... talk about backing up their vehicle .I sent in copies of the reciepts as requested and waiting to hear back . As I said before ...best vehicle I have ever owned all through the years . No problems except for this , and they are fixing the problem .
Kburke,
They just accepted the claim for the one side which was replaced by Mitsubishi dealer. The another side I got the part from dealer but the dealer did't put the Vin on the receipt. This was rejected. I saw you got that replaced by local shop. Have your claim been refunded?
I have the new part on the car and the broken part in my garage. But they don't want to do anything to verify. Bad luck. Any suggestion?
Thanks.

Last edited by jshi08; 06-04-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:04 PM

I just had another coil spring break on my 2007 LS. First one broke a few years back and was covered within the bumper to bumper warranty. Since then I got a notice from Mitsubishi that the warranty on these Outlander coils is extended to 8 yrs/80K (which I'm still within.) Methinks its the typical Chinese parts quality crap metal thing. On my first coil spring break the car pulled hard to one side and they wouldn't let me drive home and I had to wait for the part to be Fedex'd in. This time one coil loop at the bottom broke and while it's not pulling it sounds loud occasionally over bumps and when cutting the wheel hard in a slow turn. I'm calling it in and waiting for the part to be available before going there.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:41 PM
Default Just drive it.

It should be covered by the warranty. Call dealer and ask for the warranty. They should replace any parts affected by this broken coil spring.

Old 09-11-2017, 08:27 PM
Unhappy

Hi, I know this is an old thread but I'll share my experience all the same. I have an old Outlander 2007 (220.000 KM) and this week the coil spring from driver's side snaped just like described above.

I was leaving my parking spot and I first heard a poping sound coming from the front/left wheel, about 2km later I did a sharp turn to the right and this time a very loud noise came from the very same place. The next day I brought it to a garage and I has been confirmed the the coil spring snaped.

I live in Montreal/Canada, we get a LOT of snow here and there's always salt on the roads wherever you go. However it wasn't cold when it happened (18C). I can only believe this is due to corrosion/salt. A new pair will cost me $244 + taxes

Old 09-12-2017, 10:25 AM

might want to check wiht local dealership...there was a recall on them.

Old 09-12-2017, 05:45 PM

I checked the recalls database for this model/year and there's nothing related to coil springs, the only thing they did was to extend the warranty on this part to 8 years. Car has 10 years now.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:17 AM

oh, I think you are right, I seem to remember getting that notice and laughing as well as my mileage was way over their new limit. So far mine has been good, but I live in central US and I don't see as much salt as some others.

Old 09-15-2017, 07:56 PM

snapped spring guy checking in!

So left side snapped a couple weeks back. Then while waiting for the springs to arrive. The pass side snapped.

...two in one week. Not thrilled. But glad they were on order.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by FiReBReTHa
snapped spring guy checking in!

So left side snapped a couple weeks back. Then while waiting for the springs to arrive. The pass side snapped.

...two in one week. Not thrilled. But glad they were on order.
Where did you order them from?

Quick Reply: 2007 Front suspension spring snapped !