Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2007 Outlander XLS: Interior Cabin Fan Noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 08:25 PM

Thank you, ccernst. I missed your thread when I was searching. Maybe I should have tagged onto yours. Yes, it is exactly the same problem. I spoke to my mechanic today during the oil change and he mentioned the same thing, ie the bearing.

I read your thread. It seems to me that the worn out bearing needs to be replaced. I wouldn't know if it is feasible or the bearing is available until after I take it out. I am in Canada and I can't really drive around without the blower. So I might end up replacing the motor. At the same time, it seems to be only a noise issue for now and might last till spring....

Old 01-04-2012, 09:07 AM

I just called the local stealership and the price was $212. Here in the north, many of them are very generous with their margins. It is not under warranty either since I went over 100k already.

Does anyone know a place I can order this on line?

Thanks.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:19 AM

might want to try one of the online US oem parts places:
Direct Mitsubishi Parts -

Some will ship to canada..may end up cheaper. Should probably call just to be sure.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:53 PM

Thanks for the info, ccernst. It is a nice site. They also have diagrams showing where the parts go which helps verify the right part. I'll probably order from them in a few days if the shipping is not too much.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:39 AM

Well, I just learned that Direct Mitsubishi Parts does not ship to Canada. I also found out that our friendly local dealership charged me only double for a cabin filter. So, I'll have to keep looking an online source. Maybe I should start or join a thread for it.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:55 PM

if you google "oem mitsubishi parts", there are a few that have the same shipping policy as above. The sites also look very very similar, so they must all use similar software.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:08 PM

give one of the After-market suppliers a try-NAPA,CarQuest ect.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:56 AM

I ordered the blower motor and also the cabin filter and engine air intake filter from
"MitsubishiParts.net"

Their website setup is a bit annoying. I started from there but it took me to another site to choose parts and place the order. Then they confirmed the order from sales@subaruparts.com. I assume they are using a few domains. I was a bit annoyed because I had to create a new account at the order site for this order even though I had created one at "MitsubishiParts.net" before. Also they asked for the VIN at the last step at checkout. So I emailed it after placing the order without it. Hopefully they won't send me funny parts and will still use USPS. I chose them because I apparently ordered the mudguards from them before and they shipped the right ones to Canada by USPS. USPS works the best for me to order stuff from Canada. Less hassle and cost for dealing with customs. There are of course more options for those ordering from the US.

Last edited by skipperx; 01-06-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:59 PM
Default 2007 outlander blower motor

Hello, I'm new to this site, I wasn't sure whether to continue on this thread, or start my own. Here's my issue. I have a 2007 Outlander that started making the awful screeching noise when using the a/c or heater. Then the other day, the ac/heater just stopped working. I took it to a mitsubishi dealer and told them it was the blower motor, they wanted over $450 to replace it, so instead I did it myself. After researching on the internet, I replaced the blower motor. It really was a simple procedure. However, after replacing, the ac/heater still does not turn on/run at all, no matter what power level I have it turned to, it's just completely dead. Now I'm not sure what the next step is, any advice? I have already checked the fuses, they all seem fine. Thanks for the help!

Old 09-28-2014, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by OutlandishOutlander
Hello, I'm new to this site, I wasn't sure whether to continue on this thread, or start my own. Here's my issue. I have a 2007 Outlander that started making the awful screeching noise when using the a/c or heater. Then the other day, the ac/heater just stopped working. I took it to a mitsubishi dealer and told them it was the blower motor, they wanted over $450 to replace it, so instead I did it myself. After researching on the internet, I replaced the blower motor. It really was a simple procedure. However, after replacing, the ac/heater still does not turn on/run at all, no matter what power level I have it turned to, it's just completely dead. Now I'm not sure what the next step is, any advice? I have already checked the fuses, they all seem fine. Thanks for the help!
I'd go back over the installation, verify all the cables are connected properly. If its not coming on at all, its likely not getting any power, either blown fuse or faulty install.

Let us know.

Quick Reply: 2007 Outlander XLS: Interior Cabin Fan Noise