Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2008 Outlander XLS Driver Side Rear Door Window off Track?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 11:19 AM
Default 2008 Outlander XLS Driver Side Rear Door Window off Track?

First post,

Hi, looking for some help. We just picked up a 2008 XLS in great shape, except that the drivers rear door power window - when powering the window down looks to be jumping off it's track about 3/4 of the way down. Once down, the glass has popped out of the weather strip channel and rides up on the outside of the weather strip and won't fully close. You need to manually maneuver the glass back into the weather strip at the bottom, and then the window will power up and close properly.

Any thoughts/tips/pointers/suggestions?

Thanks

Old 07-15-2015, 12:09 PM

I've never heard of this happening... In any case you will likely have to take the door apart and see if something is broken in there if it's able to come out of it's track...

Old 07-15-2015, 12:32 PM

I remember back some years ago that some 08s and 09s had this issue...thought it odd that my '07 didn't have issues. I know it was discussed around here.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:42 AM

I have an 09 with the same problem on the rear passenger side window. It pops out at about the 3/4 like yours. I haven't had time to fix it yet, i just use A/C instead.

Old 07-25-2015, 10:55 AM

I just had my ds rear window pop out of the track. After removing the door panel I found that the window regulator arm popped out of the plastic clip in the mount/track that holds the window, here #6: http://www.oemmitsubishiparts.com/pa...&siteid=214331

The clip is snapped in two so the ball on the arm won't stay in place. I only need the clip, but it seems unlikely that I would only be able to purchase the clip, at least based on the diagram.

UPDATE: Just called my local dealer and I will be required to purchase the entire regulator.

Last edited by gringgo; 07-25-2015 at 11:02 AM. Reason: updates
Old 07-25-2015, 10:56 AM

Time to buy a 3d printer :P

Old 07-25-2015, 12:31 PM

So what you're saying is you have to buy the entire assembly, item #6 for $90?

Old 07-26-2015, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by gggplaya
So what you're saying is you have to buy the entire assembly, item #6 for $90?
That's exactly what I am saying. But it is better than the $130+ that the dealer was asking. He tried to get me to buy it while I was on the phone with him. Haven't decided what I am going to do, maybe look for a pick-a-part to see if they have one.

Last edited by gringgo; 07-26-2015 at 09:37 AM. Reason: updates
Old 07-26-2015, 10:29 AM

Had a similar thing happen on my old GrandAm. I ended up using 2-part epoxy and braided steel cable to hold it together. Relatively cheap supplies to give it a shot. Can't break what is already broken!

Old 07-30-2015, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by gringgo
That's exactly what I am saying. But it is better than the $130+ that the dealer was asking. He tried to get me to buy it while I was on the phone with him. Haven't decided what I am going to do, maybe look for a pick-a-part to see if they have one.
Unfortunately with the invention of the digital age and the fact that cars are lasting longer, salvage auto parts have become big business. LKQ is buying up all the salvage yards around the country and making deals with insurance company's to buy vehicles newer than 10 years old. They pick them apart, throw the parts onto shelves, catalog everything and put it into their online database of parts for body shops and insurance companies to buy. Then they scrap the rest.

Years ago, i remember i could go to a u-pull it and buy whatever part i wanted for a newer car. Now, i go to the same u-pull its and they have nothing newer than 10-15 years old.

Quick Reply: 2008 Outlander XLS Driver Side Rear Door Window off Track?