Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2016 Outlander SEL DRLs not coming on

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 01:15 PM
Default 2016 Outlander SEL DRLs not coming on

The DRLs only come on if the parking lights and or headlights are turned on. I checked the manual but it looks like there is no reason why they would not be on during normal day driving. Thanks in advance.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:23 AM
Default Thanks:):)

I got my new Outlander SE last month and I haven't Tryed the Driving lights yet thanks that good to know. I'll have to ck that out

Last edited by Copper penny; 09-05-2015 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Bad spelling :(:(:):)
Old 09-05-2015, 09:31 PM

They should be on anytime you are driving. But mine are not, I'm curious if anyone else has this issue and was able to fix it.

Old 09-05-2015, 10:55 PM
Smile

That's true they should be on while you have the headlights on. So I'll have to see how mine works.

Old 09-08-2015, 12:51 PM

This is very frustrating since I think these DRL should look very nice but I am having the exact same problem on my 2016 SEL outlander. I have to bring in my car to mitsubishi in a couple days and I will ask them to look into this as well.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:09 PM
Smile

Ok, let us know what they say. When do they come on? Only when the headlights are off? Or when the headlights are on Dim?

Old 09-08-2015, 09:21 PM

I can see the DRL turn on when I turn the light switch to either 1st switch (ie DRL plus all of the side-marker lights) or the 2nd switch (ie the Headlights and other lights on). When I read the manual (section 5-177) the DRL lights are supposed to come on when I turn the car on and I have the light switch in the off position, but sadly the DRL do not come on in this case.

One strange idea I have is that since I have the LED fog lights option (I did not really want this but it was the only car that had my colors and a sunroof) and maybe during the installation of that option they somehow connected the wrong wires.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:52 PM

What you are describing is exactly the same situation as mine. The exception is that I have the standard fog light bulbs, so miswiring the fog lights is unlikely to be the problem.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:53 PM

I tested mine today, and mine is the same way. They only come on when you turn the headlights on. So I'll have to read that manual and see what it's says. When I had my Elantra it was the same way they would turn on when the headlights were on Dim then When you put them On bright they went offo

Last edited by Copper penny; 09-08-2015 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:03 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by Paul Kartschoke
I can see the DRL turn on when I turn the light switch to either 1st switch (ie DRL plus all of the side-marker lights) or the 2nd switch (ie the Headlights and other lights on). When I read the manual (section 5-177) the DRL lights are supposed to come on when I turn the car on and I have the light switch in the off position, but sadly the DRL do not come on in this case.

One strange idea I have is that since I have the LED fog lights option (I did not really want this but it was the only car that had my colors and a sunroof) and maybe during the installation of that option they somehow connected the wrong wires.
Well I Read my Manual, and it said what I thought. The fog lights only come on when you turn on the Headlights on Dim, and as soon as you turn them on Bright they go off. Or they stay on when you have the parking lights on. Unless they changed it in the 016 model?

Quick Reply: 2016 Outlander SEL DRLs not coming on