Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2016 Outlander SEL DRLs not coming on

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Copper penny
Well I Read my Manual, and it said what I thought. The fog lights only come on when you turn on the Headlights on Dim, and as soon as you turn them on Bright they go off. Or they stay on when you have the parking lights on. Unless they changed it in the 016 model?
I think you might be confused. We are talking about the Day Time Running Lights that are not coming on not the fog lights.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:57 AM
Smile

You are Sure wright sorry but I'll ck my driving lights and see if they are working. Or see if mine came equipped with them . Thanks for letting me know that I was confused. But I'm not Now lol

Old 09-09-2015, 08:23 PM

Same here with our 2016 Outlander GT. We noticed that the daytime running lights did not come on. The manual is quite clear (pg 5-177 - 178) that when the engine is on, the parking brake is off the daytime running lights should come on. There is a caveat in the manual that uses the term ""for vehicles equipped with daytime running lights...". I checked my MSRP sticker and nowhere could I find that daytime running lights were included in my outlander. Usually, it would be listed under "safety/security". Most of the Mitsubishi marketing material listed daytime running lights as standard.

This leads me to one of two possibilities, both related to the fact that we all have early production models:

1. Our early production outlanders were not equipped with daytime running lights
2. There is a logic flaw in the electronic control module that might get fixed in subsequent ECM patch.

If I get the chance I'll try and talk to the service department at our dealer. expect more folks to realize this as our local dealers can't keep these outlanders (especially the GTs) on the lot.

Old 09-09-2015, 09:13 PM

I also looked at my MSRP sticker and I don't see DRL listed. Although when I look at mitsubishi online at the specs for the 2016 outlander I see that "LED positioning lights" are standard on all models. Is "LED positioning lights" mitsubishi's way of saying DRL?

Old 09-09-2015, 10:35 PM
Smile

Yeah, I checked mine and they don't come on. So I'll ck my sticker and see if my Outlander is sapose to have running lights. I read that also in the owners manual.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:25 AM

I am getting a very bad feeling about this. When I search on "LED positioning lights" it almost sounds like what we are describing. In particular I have found discussions about KIA cars where exactly the same thing is happening in that they have LED positioning lights that only come on when the lights are turned on AND they do NOT have any DRL. I then see discussions where these KIA folks are re-connecting some wiring to try and force these positioning lights to be DRL.

Old 09-12-2015, 07:56 AM

I was at my dealer yesterday for some service and I asked them to look into the daytime running lights or possibly a software switch to enable it. He 1st printed off the info from my car (efectively the window sticker) and noted that it does not say anything about DRL. Then later in the day he said he contacted mitsubishi and said that the 2016's dont have DRL although he mentioned something real quick about possibly canadian models having it. He also mentioned that if you want to make it look like DRL you can turn your light switch one turn to enable the LED positioning lights, but this also turns on your small side lights and dims your interior lights which I don't like much. I wonder if other people on this forum can also ask their mitsubishi service reps to look into this or maybe there could be a simple wiring chage we can enable to make the LED positioning lights become the DRL because I love the look of the LED positioning lights?

Old 09-12-2015, 09:50 AM
Smile

I'm glad you went to the Dealer and had your lights ck out. Because I didn't think of that but I bet that's what it is, that it's only Canada models that have the Driving lights. Because when I had my Mirage I had the DE model and the Canada model had a lot less Features on the Standard model.Because our manual is probley for the U.S. & Canada Models.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:45 PM

In Canada, DRL are mandatory by law so all cars have to have them. If the US doesn't have similar legislation, then most likely it is not a standard feature

Old 09-13-2015, 10:19 PM
Smile

True but I guess the owners manual is for both Canada & the U.S. I don't know if they offered that feature for US models. I guess the best thing for any owner is to check with the Dealer

Quick Reply: 2016 Outlander SEL DRLs not coming on