Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2016 Outlander SEL DRLs not coming on

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 06:39 AM

Thank you - it's all Greek to me - so I'll read through this whole thread again and try and figure it out.
I'm just a guy who enjoys his car - I have no knowledge of these things - so hopefully it's something easy / quick that I can do without a computer or something. Will research this later, thank you.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:49 AM

Just read through the part of this thread concerning the actual "how to" (Great write up BTW) - that's more than I want to get into - but it's great knowing it's an option.
Unfortunately I was not able to get a '13 manual with my vehicle which bugs me to no end - I know I may be able to get one downloaded, but I want a book that goes with my car. (They ordered / gave me a '14 manual, which isn't even the same body style anymore.)
Needless to say, I now go to a different, much better dealer that does all my services.
I'll check with them to see if they have done any tweaking with ETACS there.
Thanks guys!

Old 09-20-2016, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by theSaint024
I got my chart from under the fuse/relay cover. If it's not there for your model, it should be in your manual. I don't think my fuse chart will help you much if we have different models. Remember, this is the one in the engine bay.
I understand you have more relays because your GT has more features than my SE. The thing I am really curious is the fuse SBF1/SBF3. You have fuse on SBF1 but mine is on SBF3. Both of them are "Air conditioning condenser fan motor". And both of them are 30 A. I do not thing GT and SE have different AC systems

Old 09-20-2016, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by The Silent Seed
It's quite simple really - all you need to do is turn your lights on - and they go off when the car is turned off after X seconds. Automatic DRL's even when not so equipped!
The only problem with this method is your dashboard and audio display will dim, which may be hard to see in daylight. And you do not want to turn up the brightness because it will be too bright during the night.

Old 09-21-2016, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by theSaint024
Sweet! Door unlock and lock are 2 different settings on 2 different areas:
Lock - ETACS Variant, key 113 on mine.
Unlock - ETACS Custom, key 16 on mine.
The key can vary depending on exact Outlander model, but it should be in the same ballpark.
For the door lock, it gives me multiple options.

A-spec
B-spec
C-spec
D-spec
E-spec

Which one do I use? It's on A-spec right now.

Thanks.

Old 09-21-2016, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by 15_OS
For the door lock, it gives me multiple options.

A-spec
B-spec
C-spec
D-spec
E-spec

Which one do I use? It's on A-spec right now.

Thanks.
Man, you are really pushing the limits of my memory now! I believe the 5 options are options for the speed that the doors will lock. I have mine set at 20 kph/12 mph. I don't remember what the letters correspond to so I can't be sure. I'm surprised there isn't some indicator somewhere on the ETACS screen to say what speed those correlate to? If I were you and doing this blind, I would choose the middle and adjust up or down depending on the speed you are looking for.

Old 09-21-2016, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by The Silent Seed
Just read through the part of this thread concerning the actual "how to" (Great write up BTW) - that's more than I want to get into - but it's great knowing it's an option.
Unfortunately I was not able to get a '13 manual with my vehicle which bugs me to no end - I know I may be able to get one downloaded, but I want a book that goes with my car. (They ordered / gave me a '14 manual, which isn't even the same body style anymore.)
Needless to say, I now go to a different, much better dealer that does all my services.
I'll check with them to see if they have done any tweaking with ETACS there.
Thanks guys!
Dealers won't touch the ETACS unfortunately. They may be able to order you the right manual though, but I am not hopeful. I don't blame you for not wanting to do the ETACS. Although it eventually is easy enough, it could lead to massive frustration depending on drivers and compatibility. Best bet is to find someone local who has done ETACS mods and exchange work for a 6 pack. Good luck man.

Old 09-21-2016, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by guxu
I understand you have more relays because your GT has more features than my SE. The thing I am really curious is the fuse SBF1/SBF3. You have fuse on SBF1 but mine is on SBF3. Both of them are "Air conditioning condenser fan motor". And both of them are 30 A. I do not thing GT and SE have different AC systems

I've attached the excerpts from the MY2016 manual with the fuses and relays. Not really sure how to answer your question about the SBF1/3 fuse. I've never looked at that one. If it ain't broke...

Attached Files
Old 01-25-2017, 08:18 AM

Thank you for the info. my LED DRL are working great now.

Old 02-05-2017, 03:39 PM

Anyone in the US have a 2017 that can confirm whether or not the DRL's are deactivated? Just curious if Mits made the inexplicable decision to turn them off in 2017's as well.

Quick Reply: 2016 Outlander SEL DRLs not coming on