Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

To all you 2010 owners with Hands Free....

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 06:07 PM
Default To all you 2010 owners with Hands Free....

........ what android smartphone are you using that is successfully pairing and operating correctly with your vehicle's hands free system?

For example, because I've recently tried to pair a OnePlus One phone and failed, I'm now interested in the Samsung S6 with that latest version of android. Anybody with a 2010 vehicle successfully using that Samsung phone, or other similiar android smart phones, with Mitsubishi's built-in Hands Free system?

Thanks.

Old 07-15-2015, 03:54 PM

Nexus 5 with the latest adroid here and it works perfectly on my 2010 Outlander

Old 07-15-2015, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by HuggyNZ
Nexus 5 with the latest adroid here and it works perfectly on my 2010 Outlander
Thanks.
According to this:
LG Nexus 5 - Full phone specifications
the Nexus 5 has been available since October of 2013, which makes it a fairly new phone. I'll keep it in mind.

I notice that the Nexus 6 was made available in November of 2014, so I'd be very interested to hear if that phone also pairs with 2010 Hands Free. I'd like to get the latest and greatest, if possible.

I have found out that my son-in-law has a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, which was released in Oct of 2014, which makes it a very recent phone. I asked him if he wouldn't mind if I attempted to pair it with our Hands Free and he said sure thing. I'll post the result.

From what I can tell so far, the brand of phone has every bit as much to do with pairing as when the phone was released and the version of android. I'll be able to confirm that as time goes on. My simple plan is to test as many phones as possible in our vehicle before buying.

I'm really interested in the latest ZTE phone, the Axon, which was just released on July 14. Unfortunately, it will take some considerable length of time before I can get my hands on a test unit.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:45 PM

OnePlus One with CM12S works fine with my MMCS

Old 07-15-2015, 06:28 PM

I have Apple and never have any issues but.....

At least with my Outlander with the Nav system, you cannot pair using the on-screen programming. I can only pair using the steering wheel button and use the voice command system.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
OnePlus One with CM12S works fine with my MMCS
Hi, Vadimus. Hope things are going well for you and yours.

Would you be kind enough to explain what CM12S is? Maybe the One that I tried pairing did not have whatever that is. The reason I ask is that I really like the OnePlus One phone. Appears to this smartphone novice that it is a tremendous bang for the buck. I'm particularly interested in the OnePlus 2, which is supposedly going to be released on July 27.

Thanks for any further info.

White92VR4, what model Apple are you using?

Thanks.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:41 PM

I have used 4, 4s, and 5c units. I could try my daughters 6 if you need me to just to verify that it works if you want me too.

Old 07-15-2015, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by White92VR4
I have used 4, 4s, and 5c units. I could try my daughters 6 if you need me to just to verify that it works if you want me too.
Yes, please do, in your 2010 Outlander.

Thanks.

Old 07-16-2015, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Outlaander
Hi, Vadimus. Hope things are going well for you and yours.

Would you be kind enough to explain what CM12S is? Maybe the One that I tried pairing did not have whatever that is. The reason I ask is that I really like the OnePlus One phone. Appears to this smartphone novice that it is a tremendous bang for the buck. I'm particularly interested in the OnePlus 2, which is supposedly going to be released on July 27.

Thanks for any further info.
CM12S is OnePlus One's specific version of CyanogenMod ROM - stock ROM for OnePlus One by the moment I bought it.

This phone was the absolute bang for the buck last year, but now it is one of the several in its niche.
I'd recommend you to have a look also at Asus Zenfone 2 - comparable phone with even cheaper price.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
CM12S is OnePlus One's specific version of CyanogenMod ROM - stock ROM for OnePlus One by the moment I bought it.

This phone was the absolute bang for the buck last year, but now it is one of the several in its niche.
I'd recommend you to have a look also at Asus Zenfone 2 - comparable phone with even cheaper price.
Thanks for the One ROM information and the Asus recommendation. The Asus is a very attractive phone. Have you by any chance had the opportunity to pair the Asus with your hands free and, if so, how did it go?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: To all you 2010 owners with Hands Free....