Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Annoying bug with LINK system and USB music with 2016 outlander

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 09:50 AM
Default Annoying bug with LINK system and USB music with 2016 outlander

When I play music through my USB (either usb flash drive or ipod nano) I have an annoying problem where after I turn off the car and start back up I loose the settings of what is playing. What I mean is that I 1st set what I want to listen to (for example Play Artist RUSH) but after I turn off the car and return the link system will finish playing the last song that was playing but then it will always switch to ALL RANDOM playback. Basically it always forgets that I had been playing a specific artist, album, or genre. Does anyone else know how to fix this?

Also in the manual it shows that if you use an ipod that you will see the album art in the display window, but I have tried several ipods and an iphone but none of them show the album art. Not sure if anyone has had success with this.

Old 06-11-2016, 08:16 AM

I find the system recognises my ipod when plugged in but won't recognise any songs, albums, playlists, etc. If I view my ipod whilst connected, it shows a screen indicating a song is playing but it looks different to the norm and it's locked. i can't change screens on the ipod. I find that if i pull out the cable, change screens on the ipod back and forwards, then start playing a song, then connect. it will work (mostly). Got to be THE most annoying aspect of this car so far....apart from the fact it won't connect bluetooth with my phone so i can't make calls or anything...

Old 06-13-2016, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Kartschoke
When I play music through my USB (either usb flash drive or ipod nano) I have an annoying problem where after I turn off the car and start back up I loose the settings of what is playing. What I mean is that I 1st set what I want to listen to (for example Play Artist RUSH) but after I turn off the car and return the link system will finish playing the last song that was playing but then it will always switch to ALL RANDOM playback. Basically, it always forgets that I had been playing a specific artist, album, or genre. Does anyone else know how to fix this?
If you're using USB now. Do you think the error from USB? Try Staples 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive (or Staples 128GB USB 3.0 Click Drive) I have no issue at all by far. I never loose the settings of what is playing. It will continue play at the last stop. It's not forgotten a specific artist, album or genre.

Attached Thumbnails Annoying bug with LINK system and USB music with 2016 outlander-20160613_024904_1465800870956.jpg   Annoying bug with LINK system and USB music with 2016 outlander-20160613_024925_1465800871218.jpg   Annoying bug with LINK system and USB music with 2016 outlander-20160613_025050_1465800871340.jpg  

Last edited by catacami; 06-13-2016 at 02:02 AM.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:18 PM

The usb flash drive on our '16 works as expected. I'm not experiencing those problems of "resetting" where I left off. However, I have tried the ipod thing once and it worked like the usb drive, so I didn't see any album art. I don't recall ever seeing album art, but we primarily use the usb flash drive. You have me curious and now I want to check to see if it works.

Like catacami said, usb drives are often flaky and vary from drive to drive. For reference, I'm using this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Flash....0+flash+drive

This one works perfectly and is very low profile so it won't get knocked of or break inadvertently. And it's $11. I know from past experience, brand, size, and formatting matter. Different sizes of flash memory use different standards. I've also successfully used a usb 2.0 8gb cheap generic. Now that I think of it, if your connection to the flash drive is loose, it could be getting disconnected somehow. That's the only time I've seen my usb settings reset is when I remove it and reconnect it. Not sure where the connection is in your model, but mine is in the center console along with a lot of other junk stored in there. If I had one of those big, non-low profile drives, I can see it getting jiggled loose.

Old 06-24-2016, 01:38 PM

Is th emax capacity 12 GB for USB?

Also what is the capacity for the flash drive? which do you prefer?

Old 06-24-2016, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by ryandlor
Is th emax capacity 12 GB for USB?

Also what is the capacity for the flash drive? which do you prefer?
Sneaky forum. I put in a link for amazon and it switched to a newegg (I assumed sponsored) link. Anyway the 32gb Samsung 3.0 on amazon is $11, not $40. I use this one with no complaints. Another poster suggested the Staples 128gb. Since it was used successfully, I assume the max size is at least 128gb. If you need more, you have too much music

Old 06-29-2016, 02:52 PM

I am using a 4GB Staples mini USB drive. Sometimes, not always, it would disconnect even in the middle of the song. When it came back, it lost all the settings.

Old 07-04-2016, 07:16 AM

I switched to using SD card instead of the USB, never have any issues.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:03 PM

We are in Australia & have just purchased a 2016 outlander exceed diesel. We have had it 13 days & just finished one part of our holidays. We left home with 900klms on it & it now has 2563klms on it. By the end of our first leg of the trip through cities, constant roadworks & some really nice flowing roads, we have a 6.9ltrs/100klms. Loving the car.
My only dislike is how some of the entertainment systems locks you out once your driving. I understand why they do it, but it sucks for the passenger who can't change the music folder on either usb sd card, or enter in a new address whilst I drive.
Anyone know of a fix for this issue? Is it a wire or a software fix needed?

Old 07-20-2016, 10:01 PM
Exclamation Music List

Originally Posted by Feanny7
the car.
My only dislike is how some of the entertainment systems locks you out once your driving. I understand why they do it, but it sucks for the passenger who can't change the music folder on either usb sd card, or enter in a new address whilst I drive.
Anyone know of a fix for this issue? Is it a wire or a software fix needed?
For me. I go to Music List. From there I choose Playlist, Artists, Songs or Genres whatever I want. Before that, I edited music file information like contributing artists, album artist, album, genre to easy access to Music List.

Hopefully, It's help!

Quick Reply: Annoying bug with LINK system and USB music with 2016 outlander