Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ASC help please on '07 Outlander?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Default ASC help please on '07 Outlander?

My ASC OFF SERVICE REQUIRED Light came on upon start-up after changing the #19 fuse. That's all I did and when I tried to drive, the car wouldn't accelerate at all. Could not find a relay or fuse that controls the ASC circuit???? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-25-2011, 04:44 PM

There is an ASC button on the small panel on the RH side of the driver position below the personal tray.
Press on it for about 3 seconds or a little more and it should deactivate the ASC.

Why was fuse 19 blown?

Last edited by Claude_A; 09-25-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:07 PM

Thanks Claude_A, as per your advice, I pushed the ASC button for about 3 seconds the 1st time and held the button for about 20 seconds a 2nd time. No joy! I unhooked the battery for about an hour and that made no difference either. BTW-the "Service Engine Soon" light is on too. I do not know why fuse #19 blew-maybe because it is under constant use by my spousette with all her electronics - it may be a clue?? If I could find a fuse or relay that controls the ASC system circuit, I would have a baseline question answered. I downloaded the Service Manual for the '07 Outlander in an attempt to find a fuse or relay, but it just will not load properly.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:25 AM

In the engine compartment, in the fuse box, pull fuse 26 and 27 (large one)

They control ABS and ASC

Attached Thumbnails ASC help please on '07 Outlander?-abs-asc.jpg  
Old 09-26-2011, 09:14 AM

Thanks again Claude_A. I checked the fuses and they APPEAR to be normal. I may install new ones just to confirm they are bad. It's worth a few bucks to at least eliminate one cause,having because I know I am going to get &%$#%$^& by the dealer. Mitsu set up the system so you cannot drive it with this problem!! One thought, do you know what fuse controls the ASC Off switch, as the switch has no affect on the ASC system?

Old 09-26-2011, 12:22 PM

The system being forced off the switch might have no effect.
Do you have access to an OBDII code reader many peoples have them or a friendly mechanic at the service station.

This would give you the error code and focus your troubleshooting.

The overload might have caused a surge and confused the computer (ETACS)

Old 09-26-2011, 03:00 PM

Good advice Claude_A, but since the car is in what Mitsu calls "limp mode" I have no choice but to have the car towed to my mechanic (non-dealer), who I trust absolutely. The dealer (as normal) would not tell me a thing, not even if there was a way to defeat the "limp mode" to at least drive it - there mantra is "just bring it in". I'll let you know what I find out.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:54 PM

Are you sure the fuse blew because of electronic toy overload and not from some other short circuit caused by water ingress or chaffing of wire harness.

There was a recall in the eastern US about the power seat connector laying on the floor and getting soaked.
Link--> Mitsubishi Recall Campaign 08V094000 SEATS | AutoMD

Also if you have Internet Explorer (firefox does not work) try this link to an internet manual in Japan --> [S/M]OUTLANDER (CW#)

Old 09-27-2011, 09:47 AM

No, I'm not absolutely positive the fuse blew because of "toy" overload - that's the problem with these modern cars and their electronic "codes". I've seen the supposedly simplest problems turn into absolute nightmares, and most times, the dealers don't even know what's going on. They wing-it just like the rest of us do. We live in Arizona, and haven't traveled anywhere that has flooded, so I don't think there's much chance the problem is caused by water, but the chaffing is something to look for, so I'll pass that on to the mechanic as well as the online service manual link.
Thanks and I'll keep you posted.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:32 PM

Just for checking: on which of the 3 sockets do you connect the "toys" you mention?

I managed to blow the #13 fuse with a 140W inverter connected to the lighter socket or the central armrest socket, but #19 was fine...
(inverter left on during cranking - several times)

Quick Reply: ASC help please on '07 Outlander?